Wyoming Preference Point Deadline Upcoming

Laramie

WKR
For those of you blindly buying, might take a look at 90/10 laws that are around the corner before you make your donation.

Many people buying points this year will never draw a tag in their lifetime.

Elk830

FNG
For those of you blindly buying, might take a look at 90/10 laws that are around the corner before you make your donation.

Just bought a point. What are better states right now for elk as a non-res? Montana?

They didn't pass this spring and they won't be revisited till well after the point buying deadline. I wouldn't give up my points on the off chance that they'll pass next time around. Even if they do pass, they probably won't take effect for a year or two. Buying the points is a cheap enough gamble.

Laramie

WKR
They didn't pass this spring and they won't be revisited till well after the point buying deadline. I wouldn't give up my points on the off chance that they'll pass next time around. Even if they do pass, they probably won't take effect for a year or two. Buying the points is a cheap enough gamble.
I'm talking moose, sheep, etc... for right now. If $150 a point is a cheap enough gamble for you, I guess go for it. It will pass this coming spring and be in place for 2023.

Elk, Deer, and Antelope will be on the table again until it passes. Might be next year, might be 5 years? I'm not in favor of it, just facing reality. It will actually cost me a significant investment. My best guess is we see it in place for these 3 by 2025.

Laramie

WKR
none
and 90/10 for E/D/A is going nowhere, buy the points
I will agree, Wyoming is still the best option but I doubt it remains that way for many more years. I'm hoping I get one more General tag hunt in before those areas get overcrowded.

Laramie

WKR
Not sure why anyone would buy points for sheep and Moose unless they were 1 or 2 under max.
I agree but I guarantee you will see thousands on people in December with one point because they don't look at the odds- they think "I would love a moose permit some day"... Insanity to throw money away like that.

Just locked in for deer and antelope the hunt is set for 2023, can only go every other year due too finaces other than that would hunt Wyoming every year.

Bazer3

FNG
If you have less than about 20, your only chance is in the random so there is no reason to buy points. Costs about $75 to apply in WY; basically a raffle ticket.
I thought max points for wyoming is around 15 or 16, am i off on that?

Lowg08

WKR
Bought me first deer points this year. Going to try every two years.

PRC_GUY

WKR
Thank you for the head-up about WY preferences points, I purchased mind and my son too. wish everyone a good hunting and be safe!