Wyoming Preference points?

Jason277

WKR
Ok, another dumb Wyoming question? Can you buy preference points each year without having to shell out the $ 340 dollars for the out of state license? I'm trying to find that info on the Fish and Game site. Sorry Just trying to get the ball rolling on the first out of state fun for my son and me.

Do you need to apply for the draw in January to be able to buy preference points in July? And can you only buy 1 point per year per species? I’m looking to start building points for an antelope hunt that currently has 0% odds with less than 8 points. Is the best strategy just apply every January and add a point in July? Thanks

BuzzH

WKR
Do you need to apply for the draw in January to be able to buy preference points in July? And can you only buy 1 point per year per species? I’m looking to start building points for an antelope hunt that currently has 0% odds with less than 8 points. Is the best strategy just apply every January and add a point in July? Thanks

No.

RamDreamer

Lil-Rokslider
Wyoming will send you an email if your points are going to lapse, at least they did to me when I stopped putting in for moose. Best bet is to always check online though.

Rich M

WKR
Can you get a point for not drawing a permit and then buy a second one when they do the point purchase thing in August? Getting 2 points that year?

slick

WKR
No. No points for applying. Must buy point during point purchasing period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk