Wyoming proposal to slash Non-resident hunters

BuzzH

WKR
Again no where on this entire thread had a non resident demanded a tag or entitlement. Just opportunity for quality hunts that we have already contributed to. Which you know already. You just keep repeating the same lies over and over.

It’s laughable that you wouldn’t be upset over having your points mean nothing. You’re the guy who has entire threads dedicated to your tantrums on various unsavory sites so its make that a really tough sell.

Where does it stop ? Is 80/20 85/15 90/10 95/5 Zero tags ?

I think 90-10 is a great place given the current Resident demand and with the current condition of our herds. I think 7,250 full price elk tags and keeping deer and pronghorn allocations the same makes sense as well. For moose, sheep, goat, bison, grizzly, and LQ elk...90-10.

No, I wouldn't be upset at all that I've spent many thousands funding wildlife by applying for tags and points in NV, MT, NM, OR, AK, CO, AZ, UT, etc. etc. and if those states decide to cut NR applications or do away with NR tags fully. Their wildlife, their choice. I had 22 years worth of applying for some great tags, drew some, most likely will never draw a vast majority. Its life.

I never expected a tag from the start, don't mind funding wildlife, and knew opportunities were going to evaporate over time as Resident interest increased.

Lots of things point to fewer and fewer NR opportunities moving forward and its been that way for the 22 years I've been applying all over the West. Get used to it...or live in denial, your choice.

Ten Bears

WKR
I think 90-10 is a great place given the current Resident demand and with the current condition of our herds. I think 7,250 full price elk tags and keeping deer and pronghorn allocations the same makes sense as well. For moose, sheep, goat, bison, grizzly, and LQ elk...90-10.

No, I wouldn't be upset at all that I've spent many thousands funding wildlife by applying for tags and points in NV, MT, NM, OR, AK, CO, AZ, UT, etc. etc. and if those states decide to cut NR applications or do away with NR tags fully. Their wildlife, their choice. I had 22 years worth of applying for some great tags, drew some, most likely will never draw a vast majority. Its life.

I never expected a tag from the start, don't mind funding wildlife, and knew opportunities were going to evaporate over time as Resident interest increased.

Lots of things point to fewer and fewer NR opportunities moving forward and its been that way for the 22 years I've been applying all over the West. Get used to it...or live in denial, your choice.

You should stop buying points then in every state so the residents won’t have to compete with you since you are only in it to fund wildlife and never expected a tag in the first place. If you are so pro resident opportunity why even take from them ? Just simply donate your money to the game agencies since you are ripe with altruism.

Last edited:

Bigbull

FNG
Damn right, the first people that should go without are NR hunters....

I feel that way as a NR hunter that's been applying for tags in 8-10 states for over 20 years. I don't have ill will toward NV, UT, OR, NM, AK, CO, etc. etc. etc. when they reduce NR opportunity to give their R's more tags. Its the way it should be...and needs to be.
Haha. Easy position to have when you are a resident of Wyoming.
When have I not been honest about it?

Residents come first...and rightfully so. Of course I want better chances and more moose, sheep, goat, bison, lq elk, deer, and pronghorn for our Residents. Foolish not to advocate for that. I'm fine with 90-10 being the gold standard across the West, nearly all, if not all of the States I apply as a NR in have similar or lesser NR allocations. Makes only one thing, and that's sense.

You're wrong, I fully understand nonresidents desire to hunt other states, I do it every chance I get. But, I don't bitch about the allocations, I don't bitch about the fees increasing, I don't bitch when NR tags are reduced, I don't bitch when Residents look out for themselves first, I don't bitch when I don't draw. I don't bitch about being owed a tag. I don't bitch about how long I've applied. I don't bitch when I'm required to buy a hunting license I'll never use.

I'm thankful for ANY opportunity another State gives me to apply...and I don't expect that opportunity to increase or be there forever or for the cost to do anything but increase.

What more honesty do you expect or want?
Yes, I never hunted out of state until 1995 only hunted Montana. My Grandfather never hunted as a NR of another State his whole life (well he did shoot some Roe Deer while serving during WWII, but I don't think he paid for those tags) My Dad and Brother never hunted as NR's until after 2000.

I've got a boatload of points in a lot of states, states that have and probably (rightfully so) will continue to cut my chances of ever drawing a tag there. Its the RIGHT way to handle it. Before a Resident sits on the sidelines, every NR tag should be cut first, and I've always felt that way, and always will.

Try to justify to me, even if I have bought licenses, points, etc. that I should be given a tag in front of a Resident.

What's the justification? That I'm entitled because, like in Utah where I have 22 deer points, 22 sheep points, 12 for everything else, I'm owed a tag? I should kick a Utah R to the curb because I shelled out some money?

Not only NO, but HELL NO should I be surprised or have my feelings hurt when they want more opportunities for THEIR RESIDENTS.

Am I grateful that they even allow me the opportunity at a few tags? Absolutely, but I'm not sorry for spending money funding wildlife there even though I've never drawn a tag. Wouldn't even feel bad if they quit allowing NR's to apply there at all. I knew the risks 22 years ago and I knew what I was buying and that there may not be a return of a tag for my investment.

I don't understand the entitlement NR's think they have over another State's Wildlife ...you just don't have an entitlement, period.
To suggest that you have some philosophical or moral opposition to a small percentage of non residents acquiring tags at the expense of any states residents is a joke. I guess it’s just coincidence that you spend all this time fighting for what directly benefits You and your fellow residents??? I am sure you will get around to fighting for residents in other states when you are done with Wyoming, right. Haha You are funny.

BuzzH

WKR
You should stop buying points then in every state so the residents won’t have to compete with since you are only in it to fund wildlife and never expected a tag in the first place. If you are so pro resident opportunity why even take from them ? Just simply donate your money to the game agencies since you are ripe with altruism.
As long as they're willing to give NR's tags, I'll apply. When they decide to not allow me to apply anymore, that's fine too. I have no grievance with their decision on how they want to allocate their licenses.

Not a hard concept...actually quite simple.

Billinsd

WKR
You mean the days when there actually were orange groves in orange county? Lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes, and many people had horses, and Knotts Berry Farm had a train and stagecoach for rides and sold jam and fried chicken. Oh and Ronald Reagan was Governor!!!

Ten Bears

WKR
As long as they're willing to give NR's tags, I'll apply. When they decide to not allow me to apply anymore, that's fine too. I have no grievance with their decision on how they want to allocate their licenses.

Not a hard concept...actually quite simple.

It’s not the concept that hard to follow, it’s amount of shi* you’re shoveling.

BuzzH

WKR
Bigbull said:
To suggest that you have some philosophical or moral opposition to a small percentage of non residents acquiring tags at the expense of any states residents is a joke. I guess it’s just coincidence that you spend all this time fighting for what directly benefits You and your fellow residents??? I am sure you will get around to fighting for residents in other states when you are done with Wyoming, right. Haha You are funny.

Nothing coincidental about Residents advocating for things and policies that benefit them. Can you name a State where that's not the case? Seems to me OR sure has done a pretty good job of looking out for Residents there in regard to high quality tags...and I don't blame them or expect anything different.

I always thought that Residents in other states are much better suited to advocate for themselves in regards to their state assets...it's their resources at stake. They have the best knowledge of what they want for opportunity, what they want to share, etc.

Their pig, their farm....they don't need my help deciding how they allocate their wildlife.

You don’t understand nonresidents desire for more and quality hunting in your state because you are a resident in this state, which just so happens to have the best resident hunting opportunities in the country.

You want more and better hunting for you and your fellow resident. PERIOD. Less for nonresidents means more (in terms of quality or quantity) for you.

It makes sense that you would feel this way, so just be honest about it.

And I'm sure you are a huge advocate for NR in your state too. Kind of a hypocrite....do tell.

You should stop buying points then in every state so the residents won’t have to compete with you since you are only in it to fund wildlife and never expected a tag in the first place. If you are so pro resident opportunity why even take from them ? Just simply donate your money to the game agencies since you are ripe with altruism.

Looks like someone got their feelings hurt.

Rob5589

WKR
I’m almost 56 and eying about 800 acres of Wyoming land that will provide landowner elk, mule deer and antelope tags every year. Won’t have to mess with preference points. Would love to spend the months of September and October doing nothing but hunting. One of these years, I will...

Sounds amazing. Hope you realize that dream someday. I'd love to do the same. Wife, not so much, unfortunately.

tdhanses

WKR
I’m almost 56 and eying about 800 acres of Wyoming land that will provide landowner elk, mule deer and antelope tags every year. Won’t have to mess with preference points. Would love to spend the months of September and October doing nothing but hunting. One of these years, I will...
I’m there with you, I’d like to get 1 or 2 thousand at some point, just not sure WY is a friendly place to invest or if it really would be worth it.

It’s all greed. Everyone wants a bigger piece of the pie now.

Trophy hunting units are bullshit, manage for a healthy herd.

Reality is that a lot of guys, even some on here don’t give 2 shits about anyones opportunity but their own.
I’m confused, so if your opportunity results in a “once in a lifetime tag” or even a tag that statistics say you get every 20 years, you’re going to hand that tag to me or the next guy...

How much does 800 to 1000 acres cost?