Wyoming proposal to slash Non-resident hunters

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Hoping this bill doesn't come up again. Contributing to the WY Outfitter's association is a good cause as I believe they have NR hunter's best interest on their agenda correctly.
You are not paying any attention if you think this is not coming back. And worse. There is a “task force” formed. The outfitters have already agreed to the 90/10 on grizzly, goat, moose, sheep, and bison. The outfitters are not on the side of diy hunters at any time. Fees will be raised, NR will continue to pay the majority of G&F expenses and opportunities will continue to be erased. Not many care now as elk tags are obligated to be a certain number ~ 7500 for non residents. So, there will be MANY more limited entry licenses for non residents but they will still have the general tags. For now. Next step will be 90/10 for elk, deer, and antelope.

I’m in too deep to get out and have to make the best of what I’m given. I understand the resident point of view, just disappointed in seeing all my plans that I’ve been working and investing towards for the past 22 years go down the drain.

LostArra

WKR
So, there will be MANY more limited entry licenses for non residents but they will still have the general tags. For now. Next step will be 90/10 for elk, deer, and antelope.
Steve: I believe that if/when there is a change to 90-10 for limited entry elk tags, there will be more general NR elk tags to make up the difference to the mandated 7250 total. LE for NR will be less but offset by general tags.

Fatcamp

WKR
You are not paying any attention if you think this is not coming back. And worse. There is a “task force” formed. The outfitters have already agreed to the 90/10 on grizzly, goat, moose, sheep, and bison. The outfitters are not on the side of diy hunters at any time. Fees will be raised, NR will continue to pay the majority of G&F expenses and opportunities will continue to be erased. Not many care now as elk tags are obligated to be a certain number ~ 7500 for non residents. So, there will be MANY more limited entry licenses for non residents but they will still have the general tags. For now. Next step will be 90/10 for elk, deer, and antelope.

I’m in too deep to get out and have to make the best of what I’m given. I understand the resident point of view, just disappointed in seeing all my plans that I’ve been working and investing towards for the past 22 years go down the drain.

And as soon as 90/10 passes the usual suspects will begin to push for 5000 with a guaranteed set aside for outfitters. All so they can have 10 elk tags and a dozen deer and antelope tags.

204guy

WKR
Not sure I'd be casting stones about NR elk or sheep tags if I lived in SD. Glass houses and all that.

Fatcamp

WKR
Not sure I'd be casting stones about NR elk or sheep tags if I lived in SD. Glass houses and all that.
LOL. I throw them from the inside all the time. SDGFP pisses me off to no end. And if you really want a SD glory tag you can buy some raffle tickets. No limit on the number you can pay for. 😀

Steve: I believe that if/when there is a change to 90-10 for limited entry elk tags, there will be more general NR elk tags to make up the difference to the mandated 7250 total. LE for NR will be less but offset by general tags.
Until the change the mandated 7250 NR tags. States will continue to screw the DIY NR hunters.

wapitibob

WKR
More than half of the 7,250 are going to outfitted non residents so if 90/10 for E/D/A goes thru I would expect a push for something like that from WYOGA. Or another push to increase the 7250 to get them back up to pre 90/10 levels.