Wyoming public land white tail?

RCB

WKR
I'm thinking about grabbing some white tail doe/fawn tags for Wyoming 2020 season, non-resident. I can see that these are cheap, generally pretty easy to draw, and tend to have high harvest rates. Here's the question: are the published harvest rates mostly due to private land tags, and therefore not applicable for someone who would be hunting public land? For example, there's a doe tag for units 75, 76, and 77 that appear to have decent harvest rates, but most of the public land is in the hills and mountains. I wonder if I'd be wasting my time hunting for public land white tail in that unit.

I suppose it might depend on the location, but would appreciate any general advice.

Bookhead

FNG
You'll want either walk in or public land on a river or creek bottom in your hunt area or contact land owners first there are several that allow doe harvest. Any of the black hills units would be a good choice for doe tags as well. The whitetails congregate heavily on agricultural land in all parts of the state because it is so sparse

Reactions: RCB