Wyoming region A

FlareBlitz91

Lil-Rokslider
Perhaps a bit of a break from all the asking for advice from newbies threads, I’ve recently relocated to WY and don’t have a tag in this region, but just spent a long weekend camping and hiking here primarily in the national forest (obviously) and have some observations to report.

I’ve seen old threads talking about this region saying there aren’t many deer in the black hills, maybe they were trying to keep
People out but im here to say i saw more deer than i could shake a stick at, but they were almost exclusively whitetail and they were notably almost exclusively does and fawns.

Now maybe im the guy trying to scare you away, but seriously, be advised if you have a tag here, everywhere from the deepest draws to private fields adjacent to public land, I did not see a single thing looking like a legal buck. Just 75% white tail does to 25% mule deer does.

The generous number of tags restricted to buck only on public land is probably good for the population trend but i don’t think it’s making for any trophies up here.

Someone probably can reply to this with pictures of an absolute bruiser they killed on public land here and tell me I’m a dummy, but it definitely ain’t easy.