Wyoming Region G 2023 Partner wanted

You gotta have the 8 points for starters. I have enough but no extras. I have a solid plan. A great area and good logistics. I hunt solo but enjoy a partner in camp. I’m extremely experienced in mountain hunting. So no rookies please. You don’t have to be Jeremiah Johnson but a little elk hunting experience would be great.

I have a good, sometimes sarcastic sense of humor. You should too. I enjoy a Jim Beam at the end of the day. Just one. I have all the gear. Here’s the important stuff: No quitters! You have to know the meaning of the word commitment. If you get homesick or just can’t handle 10-15 days of mountain life you can’t handle this hunt. The hunt will be from a heated wall tent base camp packed into the mountains with some bivy trips of 2-3 days here and there. Season starts 9/15 and ends 10/6. I’ll hunt the whole thing if I have to. I don’t mind if you can’t stay that long but if you have the points I’d hope you’re willing to miss two weeks of work.

Message me with any questions.

Last edited:

KHNC

WKR
Got experience in all of the above. But i will only have 4 points going into 2023. I had planned on trying to draw G next year anyway, even tho its probably impossible. But anyway, put me on the list as i will have the points for elk GEN for sure and will be in that area. If you are interested i mean.

OP
Indian Summer
Is deer hunting experience okay if the person doesn't have elk hunting experience?
That would depend on what type of deer hunting. It has to be mountain experience basically. New deer and G is a high country hunt. When I hung Elkins from a base camp at the truck but for deer I get on top and I stay there.

OP
Indian Summer
Is deer hunting experience okay if the person doesn't have elk hunting experience?
That would depend on what type of deer hunting. It has to be mountain experience basically. Mule deer and G is a high country hunt. When I hunt elk it’s from a base camp at the truck and elk can be high or low but for deer I get on top and I stay there.

armedhiker

Lil-Rokslider
I have 9 points and have done plenty of unguided backcountry mule deer and elk hunts in ID, CO and WY along with a couple of Alaska hunts.

OP
Indian Summer
I have 9 points and have done plenty of unguided backcountry mule deer and elk hunts in ID, CO and WY along with a couple of Alaska hunts.
How about shooting me a message and just telling me a little about yourself. Age and where you live but also your philosophies on toughing it out on hunts and a bit about your personality.

OP
Indian Summer
FYI I’m 57 years old. 5’6” and 195 pounds. So no… I’m not an Olympic athlete by any means. But what I lack from a physical standpoint I more than make up for with my experience and my mental game. I’m totally comfortable living in the mountains and I hunt like a dog getting up early, hunting until dark and NEVER giving up.

OP
Indian Summer
I appreciate all of the messages. Give me a minute to read them over a few times and think about it. I’ve done two hunts with internet partners and both were disasters. A couple of you definitely have potential. I’ve been really busy with work and on the weekends so I’m moving kinda slow. Just wanted to let you know I’m pondering my decision and I’ll try to reply sometime next week.