Wyoming residents want first chance at leftover big game tags

As I said earlier, I'm in favor of the residents getting every one of their 80% allocation. I'm sure Wyoming can figure out the method and how to make up any shortfall from selling the leftovers to residents at 1/10th the price of a non resident tag.

But if all of this discussion is about increasing resident antelope hunting opportunities while the herd numbers are down, why is there no talk of reducing the maximum number of tags a single hunter can purchase? Just a change from 6 to 4 would increase opportunities for more resident hunters within that 80%? And probably with better tags than the leftovers no one really wants.
I have been in conversations with WGFD bios and wardens where that has been discussed, but it was a very localized conversation.

ClearCreek

“Res only want their 80%”.

Reread my earlier post. It’s not that residents can’t draw a tag in the initial draw with choice 1-3. It’s that they can’t draw two buck tags. They can’t draw 4 doe/fawn tags.

They want their 80%. Not because it’s hard for them to get a tag. Because it’s hard for them to get 6 tags.

Non res don’t forget to support whatever cause, org, gofund me, etc though. “We are in this together.”