Wyoming Senate File 103

TBO1

FNG
I am new and not sure where to post but for all out of state hunters in Wyoming this could have a significant impact. There is a balance between resident and non-resident but I do really see the need to make this drastic of a change.
Some of the proposed changes include:

* Significant reduction in # Non Resident tags.
NR fees, current ----proposed
Deer, $375 ---- $655
Elk, $690 ---- $1,100
Antelope, $324 ---$600

I found a draft copy of the proposed legislation (which is only about 3-4 pages), here: https://legiscan.com/WY/bill/SF0103/202

Dear Sportsman,

Wyoming Senator Larry Hicks has filed Senate File 103, a 90/10 license allocation and fee increase bill that would be devastating to your ability to draw a Wyoming big game hunting license in the future.

We need your help to contact members of the Senate Travel, Recreation and Wildlife Committee as soon as possible to share your opposition to the bill and how it would impact your ability to hunt in Wyoming. The bill will be heard by the committee at 8 a.m. on Thursday, March 4, 2021.

Please keep your messages focused and specific to how this appalling bill will hurt your future plans to hunt in Wyoming. Please let the senators know that you have made a financial investment in preference points and license fees and remind the Senators of the positive economic impact nonresident hunters, like yourself, brings to Wyoming.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to these Wyoming Legislators it is critical they hear from you and how a 50 percent reduction in licenses would affect your ability to hunt and Wyoming’s economy.

The Senators are listed below:

Chairwoman Affie Ellis (Cheyenne) [email protected]
Senator Mike Gierau (Jackson) [email protected]
Senator Tim Salazar (Dubois) [email protected]
Senator Bill Landen (Casper) [email protected]
Senator Wendy Schuler (Evantson) [email protected]