Wyoming special draw increase ...

Laramie

WKR
As it stands, the special draw isn't working. For some areas, the odds of drawing in the special are actually lower than in the regular draw. 2k seems really steep to me but some change is needed to bring the draw odds back in line.

As it stands, the special draw isn't working. For some areas, the odds of drawing in the special are actually lower than in the regular draw. 2k seems really steep to me but some change is needed to bring the draw odds back in line.
I mean it sucks but I agree, the point of the special is the increased cost is supposed to increase odds.

Every one bitches about draw odds and price.

Long as they don't give more to outfitter welfare.

Gas effects my bottom line more then tag cost.
I'm gonna spend at least $4k on gas this season.

Trial153

WKR
Do away with the special draw completely. Let’s just pretend the for minute that one’s money doesn’t buy special privileges from a pool of public resources. Tags being allocated without financial bias? A pleasant fable I know.

Last edited:
Don't think this would be the right approach though. Simple numbers game, less tags in special pool means less have to apply for the odds to be worse currently. A price hike like this would certainly weed out some, but the trade off would be regular draw odds could also get significantly worse.

I am certainly not opposed to paying to hunt in a state which I don't reside, but the article makes it seem like a pure greed play.

Pricing people right the hell out of hunting. Unreal.

AND they want to raise the grizzly tag from $6,000 to $7,500 and there isn't even a season or an exact known demand for those tags yet since they are still Federally protected.

So basically, this is just a money grab at the expense of NR hunters.

Pricing people right the hell out of hunting. Unreal.

AND they want to raise the grizzly tag from $6,000 to $7,500 and there isn't even a season or an exact known demand for those tags yet since they are still Federally protected.

So basically, this is just a money grab at the expense of NR hunters.
Move
Have resident prices and not have to draw a general tag.
Victims, Victims everywhere.

Last edited:
Your ridiculous.
Because I won't bite off on this victim culture, the man is keeping me out mentally?

Its costing me $500 to drive 11 hrs to my hunting spot.
Boo hoo they want to raise the special price $700 a year.

There's lots options out there to increase your income or reduce spending other places.

I'm sure yall have much nicer pickups and houses then me.

And if your really that poor then you don't have the money to travel out of state anyways.

Z Barebow

Lil-Rokslider
Because I won't bite off on this victim culture, the man is keeping me out mentally?

Its costing me $500 to drive 11 hrs to my hunting spot.
Boo hoo they want to raise the special price $700 a year.

There's lots options out there to increase your income or reduce spending other places.

I'm sure yall have much nicer pickups and houses then me.

And if your really that poor then you don't have the money to travel out of state anyways.
I can only donate so much plasma.

Maybe I can start selling my "baby batter". (Because my wife sure doesn't want it!) LOL!

fatlander

WKR
Move
My resident prices and not have to draw a general tag.
Victims, Victims everywhere.

In one year of having a nonresident special elk tag, with 3 preference points leading up to it, a guy has contributed significantly more to elk management in Wyoming than a resident would in 10 years of buying the same license. That’s the real disparity. Simply living in a state doesn’t make your dime somehow trump their dollar.

No one but sportsmen and PR are paying for wildlife management in Wyoming, yet nonresidents are paying ridiculously more yet continuing to get the shaft. It’s unsustainable. 60% of the WGFD budget comes from license sales. Non residents contributed over 25 million of that last year, residents contributed 8.

Through license sales alone, non residents contributed almost half of the budget, for 15% of the tags. It’s almost unbelievable how much nonresidents pay to keep elk on the mountains so residents can then bitch about them every fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk