Wyoming Special Draw - Worth the $$ ?

netman

WKR
Waipitibob I seen that report a couple days ago but did not scroll down fat enough to the bottom for the Gen odds. Thanks!
I put in for a general regular with 2 PP. I’ll be cutting it close and relying on luck. Guess I need to go back and look how to amend from regular to special. I filed my app earlier today.

wapitibob

WKR
You can't "modify" from regular to special, they're separate draws. You will need to withdraw the regular then apply special, losing the app fee. They'll refund your $700 after the draw, late May.

kind of sucks

Special tag is worth it if you can amp up your draw success. Might spend a few more $$ on the tag ... but, you will soon forget about the cost of the tag when you are looking at a nice bull.
EXACTLY!

Another way of looking at it is this. We all look at things differently. For example what is a piece of junk from an old garbage dump worth to you? Well... some guys prefer to call it an antique and antiques are worth whatever someone will pay for it. Sometimes millions. A beat up guitar can be called a collectible and be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

To each his own. I’m an elk hunter to the bone. My license is a permission slip that gives me the privilege of doing what I really enjoy doing. It’s the highlight of my life every year. To some the bulls on my wall are worthless. To me they are priceless collectables.

Over the years the price for elk licenses has gone up but when I look at those ivory tipped antlers and think about the hunts I don’t remember what the tags cost and I couldn’t care less.