wyoming spring bear

bnsafe

WKR
can somebody tell me if wyoming spring bear is worth the 386 for a non res tag. i live around ft collins so would be looking at the medicine bow range area. im thinking i wont go but ive got the urge to hunt really bad and this is the closest in both time and distance im coming up with. thanks for any help. and again im not looking for coordinance to your spot, just is it worth looking into further. oh yea, this would be spot and stalk as theres no way i can get up there to bait.

OP
B

bnsafe

WKR
i think so unlucky, sounded like they pretty much allow you to keep hunting untill a quota of sows is taken. i may be wrong though, ive been doin alot of research on several different things and they are all starting to run together

It's based off a quota. Basically males do not count towards said quota, to an extent. If the game and fish feel there are too many males being taken they will shut the area off. Some areas can close the first day. Some can close the last day due to not meeting quota. My bear last spring was killed a half hour before it closed due to quota. Mine was a male. It is required that you call every time you go afield. The range I hunt is impossible to do spot and stalk so we hunt over bait. It's a lot of work but worth it. Any questions feel free to pm me.

COSA

Lil-Rokslider
Quota does not fill or does not fill until end of season in many areas of Western WY. Success rates are pretty low if you're not baiting. As a nonresident, I think there are probably better opportunities in MT & ID.

Greenhorn

FNG
Best bear hunting I've ever seen is spot and stalk in Wyoming. Avoid the bait areas.