Wyoming Tips from a newb

wytx

WKR
Absolutely correct. I found this sign posted directly in the middle of a parcel of State of Wyoming public land:

View attachment 127124

After passing through public land, the road ended at the private property referred to by the sign. This is why there is no way to close the gate; they cannot legally prevent the public from access. I actually called the guy until he answered, trying to be a courteous hunter. As it turns out, this cost me my chance to fill a tag- there was a group of goats on the WY state land that moved onto private in the hour I was trying to get a hold of him.

Bottom line: private landowners will put signs that say "POSTED NO HUNTING/ TRESPASSING" in the middle of your public land. If you know you're on public, feel free to ignore the hell out of those signs.

Yes, some will but a call to the GW will straighten out any issues you have. Also report to the state land office if you see this happen.
Better make sure the state parcel has not changed hands, been sold off to a private landowner as well.

OXN939

WKR
Yes, some will but a call to the GW will straighten out any issues you have. Also report to the state land office if you see this happen.
Better make sure the state parcel has not changed hands, been sold off to a private landowner as well.

To be clear, the property manager listed on the sign did eventually pick up and confirmed that the sign was posted in the middle of public land.

I get why a property owner might post a sign with their ranch's name showing how to access it, but putting a "No Trespassing" sign on public land to make it appear as if it is privately owned is fraudulent and wrong.

Go Pokes

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah ive had 3 unsuccessful stalks this morning but man this is more fun than a person ought to be allowed.
Agree, hunting goats is a ton of fun. There is always action and your chances at killing an animal is very high. Even if you don't get one down (unlikely) you will still get to stalk one.