Wyoming tresspass antelope

Chett09

FNG
my dad has 2 preference points for antelope and i am trying to find a place that offers a tresspass hunt. i was hoping you guys can recommend a landowner that allows this or have had good experiences with an outfit that you would recommend. thanks!

go_deep

WKR
You don't need private land to kill a goat. Cheaper to apply in the special draw and get a pretty good tag, an go have fun!

OP
Chett09

Chett09

FNG
I have considered that route. my dad has some trouble getting around. i am going with to help out and was thinking private land with some road or trail access may be easier on him.

go_deep

WKR
If your dad can walk a couple hundred yards a couple times a day he'll be just fine.

Tbuckus

WKR
The problem he may run into is finding a unit that he can draw with just 2 points. Even in the special draw.

OP
Chett09

Chett09

FNG
you are 100% correct. some of the units he can draw with only 2 points are mostly private land. so that is why i would take a look at DIY tresspass hunts. not committed to anything yet but we need to explore all options

wapitibob

WKR
Go the trespass route.

call the wardens around the areas he can draw that are mostly private and they may have some insight

We killed a buck and 3 does last year and never got more than 20 yards from the truck in a one point unit. We killed 9 total as a group and were done after the second afternoon.

wytx

WKR
The biologists and GW will be willing to share info on landowners. Email them as they are busy and prefer emails. Email should be first name.last [email protected]
Names can be found on WG&F website under the Law Enforcement tab at bottom of page.

GWs and biologists in Wyoming are usually very willing to help hunters out with info, don't be afraid to reach out and ask.