Wyoming turkey

JordanAdams

Lil-Rokslider
I know the last thing any of us are probably thinking about right now is turkey but I got jipped out of a Wyoming turkey hunt this year for my birthday because of covid and i'm still thinking about it. I'd like to do DIY public with a bow this spring (Covid permitting). I grew up hunting turkey in Missouri and I've hunted them in Nebraska. Is there anything in particular in the form of what draws those Wyoming birds to a specific area that I should focus on? Feed prefferences, roosting trees, under growth cover, preferred tall grasses? Because the green hardwood oak ridge lines I relied on growing up don't exist in Wyoming or at least in the areas I've been in, hahaha.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Wait a minute! You mean to tell me that everybody ain’t thinking about Spring turkey hunting all year? That’s blasphemy.

Wyoming is on my list for turkeys, as well. I’ll be using a shotgun, though.

Good luck with your trip.

OP
JordanAdams

JordanAdams

Lil-Rokslider
Wait a minute! You mean to tell me that everybody ain’t thinking about Spring turkey hunting all year? That’s blasphemy.

Wyoming is on my list for turkeys, as well. I’ll be using a shotgun, though.

Good luck with your trip.
I know quite a few folks that don't even like hunting turkey at all! Crazy! I'm definitely lookin forward to chasin ridge roosters in some different scenery! Gonna be pretty cool!