Wyoming Unit 10- Tresspass Fees

Nubs

FNG
Been out here a few days and things are looking pretty slim. Does anyone know a land owner that charges a reasonable fee?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

JWP58

WKR
After looking at onX, yikes. No offense, but that's a terrible unit for access. No idea if the roads are public (that part of the state is notorious for "private" roads...been there), but there are only about 8 or 9 sections of public. Maybe knock on some doors?

Stand on the side of the road with a sign "will pay for pronghorn access"?

I'm betting that most of that country is leased by outfitters.

Dcoryn

FNG
Did you guys try the bigger piece of state ground about 9-10 miles south of Sheridan that is accessible from I-90? That piece generally holds some animals as long as the deer hunters havent blown everything out of the area.

OP
Nubs

Nubs

FNG
I am currently watching some lopes but they are about 200 yds outside of public. Closest I have been yet. There are still a suprising number of hunters out so have not went in a couple areas.

W1bowo

Lil-Rokslider
I am currently watching some lopes but they are about 200 yds outside of public. Closest I have been yet. There are still a suprising number of hunters out so have not went in a couple areas.

+1
CC.jpg

OP
Nubs

Nubs

FNG
Did you guys try the bigger piece of state ground about 9-10 miles south of Sheridan that is accessible from I-90? That piece generally holds some animals as long as the deer hunters havent blown everything out of the area.
Every timei went by that spot I could see people parked or walking. Giving today a rest and I'll be back out tomorrow.

My setup the other night got blown by some ranch hands on some four wheelers. Antelopes were feeding down the hill towards me. Pic is taken when they were bedded. Oh well...
bd43cef68ee458099fc9cdfabd03c7ee.jpg

Dcoryn

FNG
I can't remember the specifics but I had a doe tag over there 5-6 years ago and I remember an area on the east/southeast side of DeSmet that was some kind of call in access that had antelope on it. Its been long enough I cant remember what program it was or what type of land ownership it was.

bdan68

WKR
I can't remember the specifics but I had a doe tag over there 5-6 years ago and I remember an area on the east/southeast side of DeSmet that was some kind of call in access that had antelope on it. Its been long enough I cant remember what program it was or what type of land ownership it was.

That was probably the Lake DeSmet HMA, but land ownership changed and that area is no longer open to hunting.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord