Wyoming Unit 38 type 9

Zeeman

FNG
Have hunted 38 and 37 many times mostly archery but rifle also. Would love to have a type 9 tag but only will have 8 points for 2022 So it’s rifle as I am 65 this year. Archery 37 is fine but rifle is a bit more difficult as elk usually move out. To me you cannot beat 38 for bow or rifle when elk are there and you have scouted. Never saw a lot hunters in either. Have killed several bull here best was 365 about 15 years ago!

DRUSS

WKR
Have hunted 38 and 37 many times mostly archery but rifle also. Would love to have a type 9 tag but only will have 8 points for 2022 So it’s rifle as I am 65 this year. Archery 37 is fine but rifle is a bit more difficult as elk usually move out. To me you cannot beat 38 for bow or rifle when elk are there and you have scouted. Never saw a lot hunters in either. Have killed several bull here best was 365 about 15 years ago!
That's a hell of a bull!!!
My goals aren't quite that high, but surely wouldn't pass on a bull like that. Was that a bull you had prescouted? I am hoping to draw and if so was wondering what is a realistic goal on this unit for archery?? Maybe that was better hunting back then also?

TinCup1

FNG
My brother and I should draw Unit 38 this year with 12 points and have a couple questions for those that have hunted it. How much hunting pressure can we expect? We are experienced elk hunters that hunt hard and are willing to put in whatever effort is needed to get away from the majority of other hunters. We have all the gear necessary to bivy hunt for 3-4 days at a time if needed and would have basically 2 weeks to hunt. We have cut our teeth archery hunting the mountains of Central Idaho so not afraid of anything steep. What kind of trophy potential can we expect? We have killed many bulls between us but nothing over 300". We usually shoot the first bull we get a chance at but I would be holding out for something over the 300" mark. Does anybody have any other suggestions to look at? We have also been looking into 7, 39, 40, 45 and 54 but have been leaning towards 38. PM me if you prefer. Thanks
Have hunted WY Elk Unit 38 for many years. PM me for more info.

We drew 38-4 cows tags. Never hunted the bighorn. Fairly seasoned elk hunter, have hunted montana, Idaho, Colorado. Have gotten lucky and killed several elk. I will be going to Colorado later in the fall.
Sent in for cow tags so my dad could tag along. Hopging to get him on a cow. Good chance will be last elk hunt. After researching looks like a decide area not to have to do a ton of hiking, which will be good for him. Any pointers would be appreciated. If no pointers hope you guys all have successful hunts