Wyoming Unit 39 Type 9

ridgefire

WKR
My brother and I drew archery tags for this unit and curious what kind of experiences others have had on this hunt. I spoke with the biologist for the area and he said to hold out for a 320" or bigger bull. Is this a realistic number? I had my sights set on a 300" or bigger bull but now rethinking it. We will be taking off after work on 9/10 and be back to work on 9/27 so should have sufficient time to get it done. What's your thoughts?

I’ve never hunted it but have vacationed there multiple times in the summer. I’m sure there are some big bulls in there. But I haven’t seen enough 320+ bulls to think two guys are both tagging out on 320+ bulls hunting archery unless they are great elk hunters or get really lucky.

Good luck

thnksno

Lil-Rokslider
I have been up there several times with friends and held the tag in 2013. I would not be holding out. Lots of people and lots of recreation. Good chance of snow up top after the 15th of september. There are not alot of units you can hold out for a 320 bull in truthfully. They are in every unit, but not behind every tree.