Wyoming Unit -Type 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bdub@85

FNG
Looking for anyone that has hunted Wyoming unit 54 on an archery hunt. Anyone here hunted this unit and willing to share their experience? Trying to find some first hand knowledge before burning points... thanks!

I have, its good, can be great. Big bulls, bears too. Last year lots of elk were on heart mountain. Most years they are in pat O'Hara basin, or lower on state grounds bordering the massive 2 dot ranch. Lots of elk on the 2 dot, they will not allow access nor payment to do so. Take a GPS, because they watch the borders, everyday. Good luck

OP
B

Bdub@85

FNG
Thanks for the info sir! Put in for in couple days ago, I should draw. Will be fun figuring out a new unit, first hand experience always helps really appreciate you sharing!

wweaver

FNG
I almost put in for 54 Type 9 but after talking to a few people that have hunted it I put in for 38-9 pretty I have the points for either. Seems like a cat and mouse game with the private fences... but legit chances at solid 340 plus bulls in there for sure. Get in there early and get some located before the pressure moves them onto private.

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for anyone that has hunted Wyoming unit 54 on an archery hunt. Anyone here hunted this unit and willing to share their experience? Trying to find some first hand knowledge before burning points... thanks!
Did you draw this hunt?

I haven't personally drawn it, but know it well. Have hunted with several friends and packed many bulls out of there for people. I usually archery hunt a different unit if I draw. It can be great in there, there's a huge ranch(Two Dot) that covers a lot of the unit but there's good stuff around it. Problem is, it's no secret. Can be pressured, but heart mountain across the hiway holds elk too

jmorr

FNG
Resurrecting this thread because my buddy and I drew the type 9 tag this year. I would love to pick the brains of those who have hunted the unit. Feel free to PM me if you like. Thanks guys

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Resurrecting this thread because my buddy and I drew the type 9 tag this year. I would love to pick the brains of those who have hunted the unit. Feel free to PM me if you like. Thanks guys
Welcome to Rokslide. You should take an opportunity to look around a bit and you'll find this community is pretty awesome.

Now unfortunately we aren't letting FNG's (new guys) post up unit specific questions. Any unit question/answers remain out in the world wide webs forever, which can doom some really great spots.

Rokslide's administrations expectation is that all long standing Rokslide members will understand and support this concept and take all such conversations to private message.

Yes it's a hassle to join and be part of this community but the rewards are worth the effort including the ability to send and receive private messages.

Hope to see you active in the forums, and good luck on your hunt, that's a really good tag.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.