Wyoming Unit 56

My son and I have archery tags for unit 56 in Wyoming. I have done a lot of elk hunting in the units closer to Sheridan when I was a resident. Just wonder what the people traffic is like in unit 56 is there a lot of non hunters roaming the area in September? Around Sheridan there were people every where The elk were not vocal at all during daylight due to the pressure.

bowhunter307

Lil-Rokslider
I replied to your other post too.

No there's not a lot of foot traffic there, and for a reason. It's such rugged and steep country.

I think this is going to be a very difficult hunt, diy, nonres, on foot. The elk are going to be way back in the wilderness since the hillsides close to the highway are so steep and don't hold water.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Vance307

FNG
I am thinking of doing a late season hunt in 56. This year. Not familiar with yhe area. And i have hunted most of my time in the greys. Anyone know how the late November is in the area

DJRouse

FNG
My son and I have archery tags for unit 56 in Wyoming. I have done a lot of elk hunting in the units closer to Sheridan when I was a resident. Just wonder what the people traffic is like in unit 56 is there a lot of non hunters roaming the area in September? Around Sheridan there were people every where The elk were not vocal at all during daylight due to the pressure.
Did you end up hunting in 56 this past season, if so how did it go?

OP
M
We did not shoot anything however we found some great area for 2022! Super tough country we are both in good shape it just took a few days to just get a understanding of the land as far as animal movement. We got on some elk (late in the trip) and saw lots and lots of very fresh sign the weather was just not cooperating it was very hot. the elk were up high the last couple days we figured out where they were coming down for water we just couldn’t close the deal. Coming home empty handed I still call it a success we have lots of starting points for this year so if drawn we should be able to get on elk the first couple days instead of the last couple. Spending 10 days with my son doing something we both love is all the reward I need to keep me coming back !

DJRouse

FNG
Man, it’s always a success when you get to spend time in the outdoors with fam or friends!!

DJRouse

FNG
Me and a buddy drew archery tags for 56 this year and are excited about getting out there!

As a NR, were you able to get to areas that were NOT in wilderness areas that held elk?