Wyoming unit 75 vs 73

Nick:

I hunted both units this year. Had a 75 buck tag and 73 doe tags. We looked over a lot of bucks in 75 trying to find anything 75" or bigger and simply couldn't locate them. Best we could find was around 73-74"

We hunted both walk-in areas and drove and glassed from the western to eastern boundaries and from the southern boundary up to the mountains. It's a fun unit if it's a persons first time hunting them or just want a relaxing hunt. I passed well over 150 bucks trying to find something I wanted to shoot.

Biggest buck we saw the entire trip was in 73 and he was in a walk-in area.
Thank you Jason for the info. It will be my first lope tag. I won't be super picky and would rather just look at alot of bucks rather than only see a few during the hunt. Sound like 75 will be a good bet. I have been looking at the unit for a year or so and mapping some spots out! I'll give it a go next year. Thanks again!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

TheCougar

WKR
We hunted 73 this year. Loads of bucks EVERYWHERE. We probably passed on 200+ bucks in a couple of days. They were all clones in the 65-70” range. I tagged out the biggest buck at 71.5. We were there about 3 weeks after season started, and we saw only a couple of other hunters. I’m sure you could turn up something bigger, but eventually I got tired of wasting time looking for an extra couple of inches. The other guys shot 64 and 68” bucks. They upped the tags a lot this year; trying to thin out the herd.