Wyoming Unit 95 Antelope

Hi Guys,

Long time lurker first time poster, I have a Wyoming 95 antelope tag this year never been to the unit not looking for anyones honeyhole or anything of that sort was just curious if anyone has hunted it recently and what could potentially be expected trophy quality wise and how many bucks you should expect to pick through in a 4 day hunt. Any information is helpful thank you.

j_volt

WKR
DO NOT SHOOT THE FIRST NICE BUCK YOU SEE
I would hold out for a boomer until the last day.

wjarrell

Lil-Rokslider
I deer hunted in that unit 2 years ago and drew an antelope tag myself in 99 this year. Trophy potential is hard to say because when we were deer hunting, antelope season had been open for 2 plus weeks already so we didn’t see any true giants. But you will see probably 20-40 bucks a day. If you can pass that many bucks a day for the duration of your hunt you have more will power than I do.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
99 is a tough mix of lots of private and small parcels of public

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

wjarrell

Lil-Rokslider
99 is a tough mix of lots of private and small parcels of public

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
Ya there is a lot of private in 99. when we were there deer hunting 2 years ago we found a lot good bucks on public during deer season. It was nice because that late in the season all the antelope hunters were done and there were antelope bucks everywhere chasing does. Cool animals to just sit there and watch.

npm352

WKR
The best way to tell trophy potential for antelope in a given year is to hunt or scout a day, look through 30-40 bucks, and then you have a good idea.

Moisture in a given year will play a role in horn growth so it is best to go and see for yourself because it can fluxuate.

OP
W
The best way to tell trophy potential for antelope in a given year is to hunt or scout a day, look through 30-40 bucks, and then you have a good idea.

Moisture in a given year will play a role in horn growth so it is best to go and see for yourself because it can fluxuate.
That is also what the biologist said. I will have at least one full scouting day so I will hopefully get a decent taste of what’s in part of the unit.

prongbuck

FNG
Never hunted the unit myself, but a buddy has. I would hold out for a mid to high 70s class buck. As others have stated get there early and do some scouting. Find the buck you want before the season opens.

OP
W
Never hunted the unit myself, but a buddy has. I would hold out for a mid to high 70s class buck. As others have stated get there early and do some scouting. Find the buck you want before the season opens.
Awesome. I’ve got 4 full hunting days I’m going to try to be as picky as my trigger finger allows.

OP
W
Hey OP, curious to know how your hunt went. Was considering this unit for this year.

Thanks
Very fun unit we were only there for 5 days total, got hit with a super out of the norm snow storm conditions which really limited where we could go in the unit and still saw tons of goats and both harvested 72 and 73 inch goats. If you want some more info PM me and ill shoot you my phone number and can give you some more pointers and specifics on the unit.

cmeyer733

FNG
Very fun unit we were only there for 5 days total, got hit with a super out of the norm snow storm conditions which really limited where we could go in the unit and still saw tons of goats and both harvested 72 and 73 inch goats. If you want some more info PM me and ill shoot you my phone number and can give you some more pointers and specifics on the unit.
Right on, If I draw, ill give you a shout.

Thanks