Wyoming whitetail

RemiR7

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone here hunt whitetails in Wyoming on BLM, state, etc. grounds? I went out a few years ago with 2 antelope tags and a deer tag and ended up filling all three in 3 1/2 days of hunting. First evening there I was able to punch my deer tag on a hang and hunt on state grounds and getting the itch to go back to hunt whitetails out there. Curious to hear everyone else’s experience on whitetails our there?
D20B2B56-4984-4B35-87BD-0A8F93F525B4.jpeg

BuzzH

WKR
Haven't put a ton of effort in here in Wyoming...doubt I've spent 10 total days hunting whitetails. All on public land, some with additional buck tags:

Shot this one in Wyoming on my way to Montana to hunt deer there, piece of state ground:

IMG_2728.JPG

A few years later, had my general tag and a type 3. Shot one and other jumped out of the brush, so shot it too:

2010deer%20005.jpg

A couple years ago, had a type 3 and a general again. Hunted 2 days and got these 2:

IMG_1502.JPG

IMG_1492.JPG

I probably should actually put some real effort into hunting whitetails here...

JRMiller

WKR
first for me this last season. Saw a few whitetails on private, none on public. None were worth shooting so i passed.
I didnt get to spend as many days hunting there as i would have preferred though. I spent most of my time getting myself unstuck from the horrendous mud in Wyoming

22lr

WKR
Great looking dear! Shoot man, ive been on duck hunts where I havent gotten 3 shots in 3 days... great hunt!

WCB

WKR
I've shot 4 in as many years going out there. Our group normally filled all our tags 4-5 people. A bunch of those int he 130" range a couple 140" and my biggest mid 140s. All off public.

Rich M

WKR
Pretty deer.

I saw the largest NT buck of my life crossing from private onto public while exploring on an antelope hunt. Good body, and heavy knarly rack. The bases were ginormous.

130s and 140s are decent bucks. I wouldn't travel across the country for a 15 or 16 inch basket buck.