Wyoming with 1 point.

Rokslide, Eastman's Forum, iFish, MonsterMuleys, HuntTalk, BlessedHunter, ChristianLongRangeHunter, HardcoreHunter, TineKiller, BoneCollector, HighTestosteroneHunter, TightShirtHunter and several other marketing platforms have approximately 1,305 posts about applying for antelope in Wyoming with 1 preference point.

Not good enough - tell me more.

Personal messages or encrypted email is preferred, in order to mitigate the risk of having others apply where you tell me to apply. Naturally, the units you tell me to apply in must be rich in public lands, because I am a DIY advocate: I do things on my own.

God bless.

Last edited:
I know this is in jest, but the funny thing is, we hunted Antelope for the first time in 2020 in a one point unit. We had four buck tags filled by 3:30 the first day. I also filled my doe tag that morning and so did one of my boys. 6 Antelope killed on the first day. The silly things were literally running circles around us. Makes me wonder why people even ask. Pick a unit with public land and go kill one. Easiest hunt anyone can ever do.

Maverick1

WKR
Rokslide, Eastman's Forum, iFish, MonsterMuleys, HuntTalk, BlessedHunter, ChristianLongRangeHunter, HardcoreHunter, TineKiller, BoneCollector, HighTestosteroneHunter, TightShirtHunter and several other marketing platforms have approximately 1,305 posts about applying for antelope in Wyoming with 1 preference point.

Not good enough - tell me more.

Personal messages or encrypted email is preferred, in order to mitigate the risk of having others apply where you tell me to apply. Naturally, the units you tell me to apply in must be rich in public lands, because I am a DIY advocate: I do things on my own.

God bless.

Ishmael, is this you?

Kingpin (1996) – The Skinny from the Fatty

tbowers

Lil-Rokslider
I know this is in jest, but the funny thing is, we hunted Antelope for the first time in 2020 in a one point unit. We had four buck tags filled by 3:30 the first day. I also filled my doe tag that morning and so did one of my boys. 6 Antelope killed on the first day. The silly things were literally running circles around us. Makes me wonder why people even ask. Pick a unit with public land and go kill one. Easiest hunt anyone can ever do.
You'll see this voice online and many with the opposite experience in that the unit was overran with hunters and had few lopes. The reality, for most, is somewhere inbetween.

You'll see this voice online and many with the opposite experience in that the unit was overran with hunters and had few lopes. The reality, for most, is somewhere inbetween.
Our unit was overrun with hunters also. Still got it done and also watched other people kill Antelope. Maybe it was just a freak thing, but really didn’t seem like it. They did get scarce on public after the first day. I compare it to opening day of trout fishing in Missouri. Bell rings and everyone throwers their baits in the water. All the fish are caught in the first few hours. Gotta be there early and ready to go

tbowers

Lil-Rokslider
Our unit was overrun with hunters also. Still got it done and also watched other people kill Antelope. Maybe it was just a freak thing, but really didn’t seem like it. They did get scarce on public after the first day. I compare it to opening day of trout fishing in Missouri. Bell rings and everyone throwers their baits in the water. All the fish are caught in the first few hours. Gotta be there early and ready to go
Or , like your fishing analogy, wait a few days/weeks until all those that only fish opening day/week are done and catch some fish with fewer people around.

FlareBlitz91

Lil-Rokslider
Or , like your fishing analogy, wait a few days/weeks until all those that only fish opening day/week are done and catch some fish with fewer people around.
This is true in Wisconsin for pheasant, something like 80% of pheasant hunters go opening weekend and then never again. Numbers drop significantly throughout the season, i don’t even bother until November/December.

OP
callmeishmael
This is true in Wisconsin for pheasant, something like 80% of pheasant hunters go opening weekend and then never again. Numbers drop significantly throughout the season, i don’t even bother until November/December.
please refrain from hijacking my thread - thank you

My intent is to harvest valuable, specific antelope hunting information. The thousands of posts already out there are not enough, I need more information for me alone.

#blessed
#DIY

manitou1

WKR
Wyoming has taken a beating in some areas, from over hunting, drought, and disease. Quotas will no doubt be reduced more. Places I have hunted and filled 4-5 licenses annually were void of pronghorns this year.
Yes, some areas have not been hit as hard, but many have gone "South" and are pretty poor. Lots of locals have even elected not to punch doe tags.
In our areas, I would bet pronghorn numbers are 10-20% of what they were just 3-5 years ago.

Chose wisely.

OP
callmeishmael
Wyoming has taken a beating in some areas, from over hunting, drought, and disease. Quotas will no doubt be reduced more. Places I have hunted and filled 4-5 licenses annually were void of pronghorns this year.
Yes, some areas have not been hit as hard, but many have gone "South" and are pretty poor. Lots of locals have even elected not to punch doe tags.
In our areas, I would bet pronghorn numbers are 10-20% of what they were just 3-5 years ago.

Chose wisely.
My initial post was a satire in honor of the legions of new members who show up with a polished spoon, ready to be fed. Their brazen attitude amazes me, but even more amazing is the fact they get responses.

I hope WGF reduces the quotas even more than they did last year. Go shoot 20 whitetail does in Mississippi if you need the venison.

Last edited: