Wyoming

Headed to Wyoming on saturday to rifle hunt antelope for the first time. Should get there Sunday afternoon/evening and have all day Monday to scout. Aside from just locating animals what should I look for? It sounds to me like alot of cruising and finding bucks to go after. I have a buck and a doe tag, really just wanting to gain experience hunting the west. Any tips?

Thanks

Pro953

WKR
Be prepared for wind. If your unit has been open for a while just understand they are a bit educated and might start moving even when you just stop the car to glass a bit. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich M

WKR
You'll figure it out real quick - not complicated.

If it is opening day there will be a lot of guys racing around like there is some kind of contest going on.

Keep your eye on the prize and know that they have routines.

JWP58

WKR
They are getting wary. They won't stick around long if they spot you out to 6-800yds.

Last edited:

Azscafe

FNG
They have great eyesight but are also very curious. Sometimes they will come right into range if they see a game bag blowing in the wind.

ncina

WKR
Im not sure of the winter kill in 7, we did have a brutally cold winter here this year, so I cant answer with any certainty. Best bet is to give wyo game and fish a buzz. 307-777-4600 or 307-672-7418