Wyoming

Jotis

WKR
I will be appling for wyoming non resident antelope this year for my son and me. Do you apply for either a buck tag or a doe tag. Not to picky just want the boy to shoot an antelope

Laramie

WKR
Each area has different types of tags. Most any antelope/buck tags in areas with public land require preference points. To view how many points each area takes, click the draw odds button on the game and fish website. I would be glad to offer help if you send me a pm.

wytx

WKR
Buck tags, any antelope license will need some PP as Laramie stated. Doe licenses are random draw and a separate drawing from any antelope tags.
You should apply for both, imo.

ericwh

WKR
I've hunted does 2 years in a row now while building points for a future buck tag. It's a good way to go IMO. If the weather is good it's an enjoyable hunt, not too hardcore, and you should come home with meat.

zacattack

WKR
I will be appling for wyoming non resident antelope this year for my son and me. Do you apply for either a buck tag or a doe tag. Not to picky just want the boy to shoot an antelope

I did doe tags last year. You don’t need points, and I found it was easier to get access to private lands. They are also super cheap even for nonresidents. I think my license and two tags totaled somewhere around $90. Also less pressure and they are everywhere.

Did this couple years ago drew a second choice unit and bought doe tags great time my daughter got her first big game animal decent buck great time. Unfortunately that unit went from 90% on second choice to 30-40. if don't burn my utah gen points this year will try again for my son

KaBoilers

FNG
We did the special draw last year as a party of 4 with 2 preference points (total) and were able to hunt bucks just west of Laramie in unit 114. Then moved up to Pitchfork Ranch HMA (unit 62) to fill does tags. It was our first ever experience with Western hunting and I’m now hooked for life! Would love to get enough points to hunt bucks at Pitchfork. That place was awesome!

We were talking about putting in for doe tags also this year, I have a pile of points but have a buddy who wants to go and he would be happy with some doe meat. Is there a way to draw more than 1 doe tag?

wapitibob

WKR
You can draw dozens of buck antelope units without points. To apply for two doe tags on a single app, fill out both sections identically, in the same session. You will draw 2 or none. To create two separate apps, apply for different units, or apply for the same unit in two different sessions. You will draw 2, 1, or none.

Question I have not been able to find the answer... if I have 7 points now, am I going into the draw with 8? I also have a buddy who doesn't have any and we are trying to figure out how to get him a tag, can he go special without the rest of us (2 others) in a group app? We have 13 points between 2 of us right now, but worried if we split that 3 ways, the point creep and reduced tags could kick us out of a guaranteed draw.

j_volt

WKR
Question I have not been able to find the answer... if I have 7 points now, am I going into the draw with 8? I also have a buddy who doesn't have any and we are trying to figure out how to get him a tag, can he go special without the rest of us (2 others) in a group app? We have 13 points between 2 of us right now, but worried if we split that 3 ways, the point creep and reduced tags could kick us out of a guaranteed draw.
As previously said, you will go into the draw with 7 as the points are purchased after the draw (and can only be purchased if you weren't successful in drawing a tag).

A group app has to be completely the same (same draw, same units). If you all 3 go in with 13, you will have 4.33333 points as a group. Your buddy could go on his own special app, but he isn't going to draw anything in the special that you will draw with 6.5 in the regular unless he hits luck in the random.

As previously said, you will go into the draw with 7 as the points are purchased after the draw (and can only be purchased if you weren't successful in drawing a tag).

A group app has to be completely the same (same draw, same units). If you all 3 go in with 13, you will have 4.33333 points as a group. Your buddy could go on his own special app, but he isn't going to draw anything in the special that you will draw with 6.5 in the regular unless he hits luck in the random.
Thanks for the info...

We applied for both this year. Hoping to draw a buck tag but will happily hunt does if that’s the case. Only my second western hunt so not trying to be picky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk