X-Bolt Hells Canyon Questions

OP
L

LK2HNT

Lil-Rokslider
Well I finally got to the range to zero in my new X-Bolt .300 RUM!. Man it shot awesome and im not sure what everyone was crying about the recoil for!. I read Soooooo many online reviews on the .300 RUM kicking like a mule and guys putting it back in their safes as a safe queen because they dont enjoy shooting it. I thought it was totally fine, sure a little more kick than my .308 puts out but it was totally manageable. I ended up getting good groups and a 200 yd zero set nicely.

OXN939

WKR
Well I finally got to the range to zero in my new X-Bolt .300 RUM!. Man it shot awesome and im not sure what everyone was crying about the recoil for!. I read Soooooo many online reviews on the .300 RUM kicking like a mule and guys putting it back in their safes as a safe queen because they dont enjoy shooting it. I thought it was totally fine, sure a little more kick than my .308 puts out but it was totally manageable. I ended up getting good groups and a 200 yd zero set nicely.

Had my X Bolt out this weekend. Shot a few real deal 1/2-3/4 MOA groups with generic factory ammo. Trigger is fantastic with the McCarbo spring kit. Browning also got me the rebate check from their current promotion within like 5 days of submitting it. Lots of boxes getting checked so far.

As far as bullet selection, you may want to try these if you're shooting factory. Generally very accurate, almost zero fragmentation and would expand beautifully out of an RUM.

OP
L

LK2HNT

Lil-Rokslider
Had my X Bolt out this weekend. Shot a few real deal 1/2-3/4 MOA groups with generic factory ammo. Trigger is fantastic with the McCarbo spring kit. Browning also got me the rebate check from their current promotion within like 5 days of submitting it. Lots of boxes getting checked so far.

As far as bullet selection, you may want to try these if you're shooting factory. Generally very accurate, almost zero fragmentation and would expand beautifully out of an RUM.

How does the rebate work? does Browning automatically just send a check or do I need to do something?

OP
L

LK2HNT

Lil-Rokslider
How does the rebate work? does Browning automatically just send a check or do I need to do something?

well hell, I "Missed" my Rebate window. My fault I guess but when I bought my rifle I didnt even know there was a rebate going on and the sales rep didnt even mention it so a rebate request was never submitted to Browning and the rebate is over. there goes $86 lol

OXN939

WKR
well hell, I "Missed" my Rebate window. My fault I guess but when I bought my rifle I didnt even know there was a rebate going on and the sales rep didnt even mention it so a rebate request was never submitted to Browning and the rebate is over. there goes $86 lol

Sorry to hear that. Truly, though, the important part is the product you get, and so far I'm all about everything I've seen from this thing.

OP
L

LK2HNT

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry to hear that. Truly, though, the important part is the product you get, and so far I'm all about everything I've seen from this thing.

Yeah Im happy also, its the nicest rifle Ive ever owned so far and honestly I didnt buy it because of the rebate.

OXN939

WKR
Yeah Im happy also, its the nicest rifle Ive ever owned so far and honestly I didnt buy it because of the rebate.

For sure. Lots of good features on it from the solid bedding to short bolt throw to barrel fluting. Light enough to wear my Zeiss Conquest 4-16x44 and still stay within a comfortably packable weight bracket.

IMG_20200501_161816.jpg

My HC Speed 30 06 and Max Long Range 300 Win Mag shoot a wide range of ammo. Mine like ELDx, Federal Trophy Bonded Tips and Fusions. I'll be shooting the 220 ELDX's from my 300 Win and Trophy Bonded Tips from my 30 06. All less than 1 MOA.
Quick question for you. I just bought a HC in 300 win mag. Trying to develop hand loads for it but the magazine makes it difficult to shoot any heavy rounds because you have to seat the bullet so far into the casing. Have you had any issues with your HCs? Or what did you do to make the magazine work

Pendelton Ammunition worked up the 220 grain ELDX loads for me. I have not had any issues with the magazines or length. Nothing done to the setup. Shooting 2795 fps and 0.5 MOA groups!!!!! I can send you a pic of one if it helps.

Pendelton Ammunition worked up the 220 grain ELDX loads for me. I have not had any issues with the magazines or length. Nothing done to the setup. Shooting 2795 fps and 0.5 MOA groups!!!!! I can send you a pic of one if it helps.
Yeah that would be awesome! I started with 78g of h1000 and when you press in the bullet; you hear it smashing and compressing the powder because I had to seat the Bullet so far in to clear the magazine

Sorry I don't know! Pendelton Ammunition worked up these loads for me using my gun. I know it's not H1000 as they said they were using something else. Thought the pics might help to show the overall length. No issues in my gun.