X bolt (Hells canyon) scope mounts

OP
F
yes i saw the 18 for the torque specs just wasn't sure if that was definite. so 18 for bases and rings

jaybe14

FNG
Yes Talley lightweight rings in low work perfectly on a 44mm scope. I've got them on my Hells Canyon with a VX5HD 3x15x44
I just picked up the a HC in 300wsm and have the same scope. I usually like to move the scope back as far as possible as I have a slightly shorter LOP - would you know if the lows would work or would you figure the scope bell would contact the barrel at that point? Thanks

OP
F
I just picked up the a HC in 300wsm and have the same scope. I usually like to move the scope back as far as possible as I have a slightly shorter LOP - would you know if the lows would work or would you figure the scope bell would contact the barrel at that point? Thanks
Is it a speed or lr? 44 will work with lows fast far back you you want. This pic is with a speed barrel. You can judge from the pic it could go back further with no issue. With the rings that’s pretty much as far back as you could go on my scope

E813EFCC-2E44-493D-B3A8-7A83FDDF0BD8.jpeg

bucknbass

FNG

Yes no issues with it all the way back. Mine's a HC LR in .300WSM and I've got the same problem with LOP so I pull mine all the way back too. You're good to go!

jaybe14

FNG
Yes no issues with it all the way back. Mine's a HC LR in .300WSM and I've got the same problem with LOP so I pull mine all the way back too. You're good to go!
Thanks guys for the photo and follow up. I pulled the measurements (.44" from .515" rear) and cut two pieces of cardboard and held them there while wife held the scope. It looks like it will clear but just barely.
I have HC speed but I think it will work. Thanks!
If it doesn't I will update on here

jaybe14

FNG
Thanks guys for the photo and follow up. I pulled the measurements (.44" from .515" rear) and cut two pieces of cardboard and held them there while wife held the scope. It looks like it will clear but just barely.
I have HC speed but I think it will work. Thanks!
If it doesn't I will update on here
I just mounted my scope on my HC x bolt 300wsm with the talley LOW rings with room to spare. I would recommend these as bucknbass and fadetoblack confirmed they will fit. I can easily also put bikini scope covers and fit it over without touching the barrel.

I have lows and set up with 36mm objective bell set way back for a youth hunters. It's tight and I was also wondering if a 40-44mm would fit in that position. Looks like it might be possible, which is good news.

SDRuger21

FNG
Is there a front Mount vs back mount on the Talleys? I didn’t open package yet but heard there was a front and back . Labeled?

also I think I read 18lbs? To your question the mounts down on the 8 bolts
Yes, there is a front and back. It will be obvious which one is which when you mount them. I have Talley lows on my Hells Canyon Speed with a VX3HD 3.5-10x40. Picture for reference.

Attachments

• TalleyLows.jpg
    TalleyLows.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 63