X-bolt or T3X?

Dobermann

How do you guys compare the two different magazines? I own a Tikka, but have not owned a X-Bolt. I actually like the single stack magazine on the Tikka. Not so sure of the rotary inline one on Browning. Is one better than the other?

I haven't got any reflections on the single stack vs rotary in terms of feeding and reliability to relay ... would be interesting how the long-term reliability compares, or whether there are any issues known across the board / from a wide sample.

However, I'd say that the Browning is far cleaner to seat; the Tikka seems fiddly at the front end. Gave mine to a very experienced shooter to test-fire on the weekend, and he thought he'd seated the mag when it was not engaged properly at all - the back end tends to click in, giving the impression that the mag is ready, but the front end isn't seated, and rounds won't feed. Not so bad once you know what to look for, but it's not intuitive, adds an unnecessary error factor, and could be an issue should you ever need to change mags in a hurry.

Again, this is coming from a guy who is really trying to get on the Tikka bandwagon! :)

meta_gabbro

Choosing between a T3X Roughtech and an X-Bolt HC-S in .308 for a new hunting/target rifle. Every now and then someone complains about the 1/11" twist in the T3X but the spec page for the X-Bolt shows 1/12", which seems weird as hell and is kinda turning me off on it. Big fan of the ergos, mag, and finish on the Browning, but if it can't stabilize big pills then I'll pass.