X-Bolt Trigger

I've been playing with my X-Bolt HC and can't get the trigger where I want it (in terms of pull weight). Does any one have any experience with Jard Triggers?

The mCarbo spring lightens it up. It isn't as crisp as a tikka or timney on a m700 but it is lighter.

If you're not satisfied with it after mCarbo my next stop would be timney.

OP
Customweld
No, Have you tried the mcarbo spring?
The spring replacement would be a much cheaper solution than a whole new trigger assembly. I have read that folks are finding decent results with the spring.

armedhiker

Lil-Rokslider
I used the mcarbo spring and for the price it's well worth it. May not be as crisp but I was able to lighten.

I could not lower the original trigger in my HC Speed below about 3.5 lbs. I put the MCarbo spring in and it was okay. Best I could do was about 2.8 to 3 lbs. Put in a Timney and really like it! Have it set at 2 lbs.

I like the width of the original trigger a bit more than the Timney.

manitou1

WKR
The replacement triggers disable (or rather,) lack the bolt lock... so you will lose that. The Mcarbo spring keeps the bolt lock in place.

Geech

FNG
+1 for the Mcarbo spring. It got my HC trigger down to about 2.5 pounds, and feels much better to me than stock. It’s a cheap enough replacement to see if you’re happy before you replace the whole trigger

Tohopko

Lil-Rokslider
Did the McCarbo spring in my X-bolt Predator Hunter, wasn't happy with the pull or the feel. I didn't want to lose the bolt lock, but had to try the Timney. It is awesome! That said, I'm dropping the X-bolt and sticking with my Tikka in the 6.5 Creedmoor.

Put the Timney in my X-Bolt Pro Long Range and it was a game changer...buddy tried the spring in his new Hells Canyon and still isn't happy after shooting mine.