X-Bolt Western Hunter 6.5 Creed

nobody

WKR
Happy (or unhappy for those of us who are working) Black Friday everybody!

Looking to dump my Howa 1500 and get away from the nightmare that it has become for the past +/- 400 rounds. Never a group tighter than 2.5 inches at 100 yards with multiple scopes, mounts, stocks, and ammunition types (factory and handloaded). But, that's a story for another day.

I've been doing my research and digging, and I'm about ready to take home an X-Bolt Western Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor. In fact, it's on hold at the local dealer as I type this. It checks the boxes that are important to me, but I've never owned or even shot an X Bolt to get a real opinion on them other than handling them while in store and setting them up for other guys. I can get it for a pretty good discounted price relative to full retail too, so that's a bonus. Does anybody have one that can chime in on handling and shooting/accuracy? Any issues you've experienced with the western hunter model? I know lots of guys mention the triggers on them as a weak point, but is there really anything else that people have experienced issues with? By all accounts, it should be a great shooter, but then again, my Howa should've been too ;). Thanks everyone!

jeffdixon

FNG
I have the x bolt hells canyon long range and it’s the most accurate rifle out of the box I have ever shot. Well worth every penny. Not a single issue at all with it.

EastMT

WKR
I have the long range in 26 Nos, the Hells Canyon in 300 wsm, both shoot very well. I think you’ll be happy, I haven’t tried the western hunter but can’t be any different. My only complaint for browning is there are limited after market toys to add. I’m particular to the HS, B&C type stock, and they don’t have them. Factory does fine, it’s just a preference.

OP
N

nobody

WKR
I have the long range in 26 Nos, the Hells Canyon in 300 wsm, both shoot very well. I think you’ll be happy, I haven’t tried the western hunter but can’t be any different. My only complaint for browning is there are limited after market toys to add. I’m particular to the HS, B&C type stock, and they don’t have them. Factory does fine, it’s just a preference.
This is great feedback, and exactly the kind of comments I'm looking for as far as experiences go! Thanks for sharing the good and the not-your-favorite!