X2 Mod on frame

KHNC

Well Known Rokslider
Went running/jogging last night with my X2 (40lbs). The bottom of the frame digs into the top of my butt on both sides. I have adjusted the pack several times. All is well on long hikes ,even when loaded, if im just walking. However, i want the pack to be comfortable no matter what. Im guessing the more i load it ,the more it will dig in. I had some black pipe insulation at the house. I cut two 4 inch sections and wrapped around the frame at the two contact points. Feels much better. Anyone else had this issue or came up with a fix?

dreamingbig

Well Known Rokslider
Running with 40lbs on your back? Wow. I have the x2 but have found that anything over 50lbs gets uncomfortable. I use it as a day pack only and for the first trip out with meat. Mine had a squeak so I wrapped the entire frame with athletic tape. No more squeak.

bbrown

Well Known Rokslider
I had a X2 and I really liked the design and the frame never bothered me like you are describing but I have heard of that from others. I heard of one guy took the frame out of the pack and flattened it to take some of the curve out that would dig into you when loaded.

Other than the frame squeak it treated me very well just not quite big enough for multiple days.

View attachment 9266

OP
KHNC

KHNC

Well Known Rokslider
you are correct on the frame squeak as well. I will try wrapping it as you said. I had not figured out a way to stop that. I bought the spike camp duffel to us e fo rmy pack in hunt this year. It adds another 2800 ci for the pack in. I have loaded it up to 65lbs to test it out. I dont think i will ever have it any heavier unless im packing meat. I plan to bone out my elk , when i get one, so hopefully i can stay under that. seems to work pretty good for me.

I decided to jog with the 40lbs to get a better workout in the area i have to do it in. Let me tell you, it sucked in the heat!! LOL

NVCHUKAR

Well Known Rokslider
Yes I have had the digging in to hips issue. I stitched on an extra lumbar pad from an old pack, it fixed the problem. Pack is great until its over 40 lbs.