Xbolt hells canyon scope mounting question

MattU

FNG
Just wondering if I can get some insight on what I'm doing wrong. This is my first time doing this and getting a little frustrated. I'm trying to mount a talley picatinny rail and the front left screw keeps stripping. My process has been to clean everything with acetone, apply locktite to the screw threads snug up with a little torx wrench, torque all the screws to 10lbs, then increase by 2lbs till I'm at 18lbs (which I found on brownings website) of course going in a crossing pattern. So do I just leave that one at 16lbs and call it good (anything past that and it strips) or are there issues that I'm unaware of?

Evergreen

WKR
I have 3 x bolts with no issues but not using the picatinny. Is just the screw stripping or is it stripping on the rifle too? Maybe the threads aren't right in that one hole.

OP
M

MattU

FNG
Just the screw. I was able to get the 2 I tried out each time and able to thread another one in no problem. I'm not sure if the threads in the gun are messed up. I'm no machinist by any means so I wouldn't know where to start with that.