XD 10mm

Like the others, my XDM 10mm have been flawless. I think we are running buffalo bore 220 but could be Underwood. In any event I don’t let my guides shoot up too much of that but it’s been flawless. The standard 180 grain practice ammo has also been flawless. I left both guns in Alaska so I can’t confirm the Ammo.
I’ve done a lot more shooting with my xdm 40, no grizz in Oregon. Probably 2000 rounds without a hiccup or a cleaning. So far so good.
I carried a Glock “on the job” for about 10 years. Had no less than 15,000 rounds through it. Probably a lot more. Some of it shitty ammo. I honestly don’t recall a single FTF malfunction. Carried a 1911 for 8 years no issue there either. The Sig 226 was where I learned malfunction drills. :)

OP
M
Like the others, my XDM 10mm have been flawless. I think we are running buffalo bore 220 but could be Underwood. In any event I don’t let my guides shoot up too much of that but it’s been flawless. The standard 180 grain practice ammo has also been flawless. I left both guns in Alaska so I can’t confirm the Ammo.
I’ve done a lot more shooting with my xdm 40, no grizz in Oregon. Probably 2000 rounds without a hiccup or a cleaning. So far so good.
I carried a Glock “on the job” for about 10 years. Had no less than 15,000 rounds through it. Probably a lot more. Some of it shitty ammo. I honestly don’t recall a single FTF malfunction. Carried a 1911 for 8 years no issue there either. The Sig 226 was where I learned malfunction drills. :)
This is great feedback…now to try and find one for sale….

thanks Salmonchaser!

mwf008

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got an XDM 4.5 10mm. Add me to list of flawless XDMs. 180 range stuff, 200 HSM, 200 and 220 underwoods and 220 Buff Bores. Never a hiccup. I saw on underwood’s site that they recommend the much lighter penetrators over the 220 hard casts for grizzlies. I haven’t tried those yet but will order some when they come back in stock.

OP
M
I’ve got an XDM 4.5 10mm. Add me to list of flawless XDMs. 180 range stuff, 200 HSM, 200 and 220 underwoods and 220 Buff Bores. Never a hiccup. I saw on underwood’s site that they recommend the much lighter penetrators over the 220 hard casts for grizzlies. I haven’t tried those yet but will order some when they come back in stock.
That’s interesting, I have always carried the 220 hard cast as I hunt in grizzly country, I will have to look into this…thanks for the input!

ErikM

FNG
Saw this mentioned in another thread about loading up magazines with alternating extreme penetrators/hard cast. I personally have no experience, just gathering info for my own endeavors into big bear country.

That’s interesting, I have always carried the 220 hard cast as I hunt in grizzly country, I will have to look into this…thanks for the input!
Shit, I’m not sure what difference it makes at pistol fighting distance. I’ve been as close as five feet a couple of times, the bear trying real hard to get away from us. Sprayed a bunch with pepper spray, never worried much about the wind, didn’t stand around waiting for it to blow back. I’ve broken one Sage 5wt on the nose of a bear. In every one of those events I had or was in the process of drawing my pistol. Feels pretty damn small even loaded with 220s. In my mind you want penetration. You may miss the CNS shot but the bullet still may have a chance to do some good. The further it goes the better your chance it will hit something that causes the bear to go the other way.

Attachments

• 207E9A5F-29F5-449F-9811-1632E7751949.jpeg
    207E9A5F-29F5-449F-9811-1632E7751949.jpeg
    441.3 KB · Views: 12

10>.45

FNG
20211017_221337.jpgtraded in my g20 and 29 for the xdm 4.5 osp and 3.8 haven't had an issue with either

I’ve had three XDM’s in 10mm. I had the OSP and the regular 5.5 barrel. I still have the 4.5 barrel one. I like the xdms in 10 a lot. I have had no issues on any of them and would recommend to anyone to try them out. I think they are great guns. I think they felt great in hand and were damn accurate. I was not a fan of the rear sight on the 5.5 though as I like the 4.5” sights better.

So, I sold my xdm 5.5 for a Glock 40 and I like that better for one reason alone, I don’t like how high the bore is on the xdm. Really felt that on hotter ammo. Otherwise they are equals and great guns. Recommend them completely.

grfox92

WKR
I will probably get roasted for this because Glock guys do not like hearing anything contradictory to how they feel about Glocks, but.......

The g20 is the only Glock I have ever heard of having issues. From exploding in people's hands due to hot reloads, to failures to feed, to needing to upgrade barrels and springs to get the gun to run right.

I know alot of people with the Springfield. I have never heard of any issues with that gun. Even if you Google it you can't find issues with that gun. Google issues with G20s and you can find issue after issue.

Now granted, there are probably 10x more G20s out there then there are Springfield 10mm so that leave more opportunities to hear about failures.

My one friend is a wizard reloader. He loads 10mm 200 grain hard casts up to the absolute maximum and his gun runs flawlessly. Never failed to feed, doesn't need any upgrading, and the gun was dead on out of the box.

When I do finally buy a 10mm I wouldn't rule out the g20, but I wouldn't shoot anything heavier then 180gr out of it and expect reliability.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I will probably get roasted for this because Glock guys do not like hearing anything contradictory to how they feel about Glocks, but.......

The g20 is the only Glock I have ever heard of having issues. From exploding in people's hands due to hot reloads, to failures to feed, to needing to upgrade barrels and springs to get the gun to run right.

I know alot of people with the Springfield. I have never heard of any issues with that gun. Even if you Google it you can't find issues with that gun. Google issues with G20s and you can find issue after issue.

Now granted, there are probably 10x more G20s out there then there are Springfield 10mm so that leave more opportunities to hear about failures.

My one friend is a wizard reloader. He loads 10mm 200 grain hard casts up to the absolute maximum and his gun runs flawlessly. Never failed to feed, doesn't need any upgrading, and the gun was dead on out of the box.

When I do finally buy a 10mm I wouldn't rule out the g20, but I wouldn't shoot anything heavier then 180gr out of it and expect reliability.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I agree 100% on hearing a lot of issues about the g20 and really none about the xdm. It could be the amount out there or to be contrarian to Glock. It could be more representative to one being developed for a round like the 45/10mm or one being a design they throw any round they can in. I like the fact the xdm has a fully supported chamber vs the non supported on the Glock.