XDM 5.25" 10mm Holster

hobbes

WKR
Any of you guys carrying this gun? I bought one last week and am having a little trouble locating a holster that is made for it. A lot of the manufacturers don't have it listed and the few that do are multiple weeks out on shipping. One had "next day" listed as mid August. I guess that's the norm, but I wouldn't offer "next day" if that's the best you can do.

I've searched previous posts on holsters but the majority of the guns being carried are Glocks.

I don't need info on what makes a Glock 20 better. What makes an XDM better, is I could find one. Glock 20s are nowhere to be found in my vicinity.

For those carrying this XDM while hunting, what holster do you use?

OP
H

hobbes

WKR
I don't need info on what makes a Glock 20 better. What makes an XDM better, is I could find one. Glock 20s are nowhere to be found in my vicinity.

Haha! Immediately after making this statement I found a Glock 20 for sale w/accessories on the local gun classifieds (right here in town). I looked for one for a month. Oh well, I like the XDM so far.

I have one on my “buy before September” list and I’ll have it in my HPG Kit Bag. I couldn’t find much for holsters for the 9mm I currently carry which is what got me headed that direction and I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLS

WKR
I had the 45, same frame. Safariland GLS. It’s a retention holster.
My XDM 5.25 9mm was the most accurate striker fired pistol I’ve ever shot.

CO-AJ

WKR
Check with Ivory Holsters (www.ivoryholsters.com). I am going to buy one for my Glock (ya ya another Glock) but they offer great deals to military or law enforcement and he will custom make about anything you want. Very easy to work with. I stumbled onto them when I purchased my EXO pack. They make a custom holster with the EXO name on it which is cool. Plus all made in USA.

OP
H

hobbes

WKR
Check with Ivory Holsters (www.ivoryholsters.com). I am going to buy one for my Glock (ya ya another Glock) but they offer great deals to military or law enforcement and he will custom make about anything you want. Very easy to work with. I stumbled onto them when I purchased my EXO pack. They make a custom holster with the EXO name on it which is cool. Plus all made in USA.

They do have the XDM 5.25" listed and I liked the looks of what they have. Its the 4 week wait that I was hoping to avoid. (Update: website says 2 to 3) That's probably not going to happen under current circumstances.

And....I don't have any problems with Glock. :) I just didn't want it to turn into a which gun is best thread.

Last edited:
OP
H

hobbes

WKR
I've looked at those, but didn't think they offered in the XDM 5.25". However, I see now that they list XDM 45/10 and then ask for barrel length in the form. I'm just not sure that I want to go with a chest holster.

I'm assuming that I'd have to buy a new fhf bino harness or run mine over the top of the regular chest holster.

Unfortunately, they are 4 weeks out too.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I've looked at those, but didn't think they offered in the XDM 5.25". However, I see now that they list XDM 45/10 and then ask for barrel length in the form. I'm just not sure that I want to go with a chest holster.

I'm assuming that I'd have to buy a new fhf bino harness or run mine over the top of the regular chest holster.

Unfortunately, they are 4 weeks out too.

Their universal fits any other bino harness. 4.5 XDM 10mm here....that 5.25 looks bad ass

OP
H

hobbes

WKR
Their universal fits any other bino harness. 4.5 XDM 10mm here....that 5.25 looks bad ass
I probably would have went 4.5 for ease of carry, but I couldn't find that either. I probably need all the accuracy help that I can get, so 5.25 is probably better for me anyway.

I bought a chest holster from gunfighters inc. They may make a regular holster as well. Never looked cause I like my gun on my chest personally. I have used a cheap nylon one that has a belt loop and attached it to my SG pack for a while too. Worked decent. Just ran the hip belt straps through the belt loop on the holster. Cheap and easy. Just not very rigid.

They do have the XDM 5.25" listed and I liked the looks of what they have. Its the 4 week wait that I was hoping to avoid. (Update: website says 2 to 3) That's probably not going to happen under current circumstances.

And....I don't have any problems with Glock. :) I just didn't want it to turn into a which gun is best thread.

He builds a great pack holster. I have four of them. Haha. Shoot him an email to see what lead times are.

I would let you borrow mine but it is for the 4.5.