xlr chassis and tikka question

Hey all. For those that have a tikka in a xlr action, do you remove that little magazine spring on the tikka action (right by the trigger) or do you leave it on.

I had it off for the krg I had, and am wondering if I need to reinstall it for the Xlr action or just leave it off.

My acis magazine seems to lock up in the xlr chassis just fine. Figured I would check before putting it all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Elkfitness
Also have a question about adding a folding adapter to the chassis. The xlr adapter seems to be sold out everywhere. It also looks like the MDT adapter works in the carbine to carbine configuration. Does anyone know of the xlr buffer (regular or short) works with the MDT adapter?

Ens Entium

Lil-Rokslider
I can't answer the folder question but the little spring is only for the OEM magazine. You should not use it on the XLR either just like the KRG. Keep it anyways as they do not sell it as a replacement part.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I can't answer the folder question but the little spring is only for the OEM magazine. You should not use it on the XLR either just like the KRG. Keep it anyways as they do not sell it as a replacement part.
I think Mountain Tactical sells a replacement spring now.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
the buffer tubes will have standard AR threads and will thread into anything that accepts those threads. now we can not confirm if the folding adapter will work in regards to it being able to fold all the way over or not as some adapters will not work on certain chassis due to design.

The folding adapters are currently sold out online due to so many of them being consumed by chassis orders. But we could get one out for you if you need it. Just give us a call and we will take the order. We are hoping to have folders actually in stock online for stand-alone purchase by early May just trying to get larger volumes through the process.

OP
Elkfitness
Awesome. Just called your shop and got all set up. I really appreciate it!! Thanks again!

Reactions: XLR