Xop vs lone wolf

chad1926

FNG
What’s everybody experiencing with xop vs lone wolf quality over multiple seasons

*zap*

WKR
The xop quick hang bracket is very good so I went with xop. The bracket makes everything faster and easier/quieter. I used lw for years and think the alpha is a great stand, have an alpha hand climber. But the xop bracket makes using a lw hang on a no go for me.

The xop quick hang bracket is very good so I went with xop. The bracket makes everything faster and easier/quieter. I used lw for years and think the alpha is a great stand, have an alpha hand climber. But the xop bracket makes using a lw hang on a no go for me.
I've never used the xop quick hang bracket, can you explain how it is easier than the lone wolf easy hang hook?

Esse quam videri

*zap*

WKR
You take off the batwing to use the hook on lw and the bracket on xop. The lw hook then slides in a slot and you loose the ability to utilize the batwing for a crooked tree and the ability to cam lock the stand. It is very difficult to then get the top tight to the tree with the hook.

The xop stand has an I beam not a tube. When you take the batwing off and use the bracket the I beam slides into one of 3 slots on the bracket which allows for a crooked tree and you can also cam lock the xop quick hang bracket after the stand is in it. You can get the stand very tight to the tree.

It is a completely different system and puts the e-z hook to shame.

JBiggs

Lil-Rokslider
I have no experience with XOP. Like another post said about LW seats, they are small and pretty uncomfortable for long sits. i bought the the thicker seats off LW website and its a world of difference.

Cml5895

FNG
I have an XOP Enforcer and XOP Air Raid w/ Sticks. They are awesome quality and I love to hunt out of either. Not a huge savings from Lone Wolf, but the quality seems to be very comparable.

MAT

Lil-Rokslider
So does the XOP batwing function the same as the LW for use on crooked trees? Not the quick hang bracket but the batwing that comes with the XOP. The bracket is a separate accessory?

SoDaky

WKR
XOPs are cheaper and heavier because they are made in China.Imo as a nation we have 2 serious threats,snowflakes(particularly the ‘one worlder’ types) and China.I think we can deal with snowflakes but we are failing in respect to China-and our situation worsens every year.Economically we are losing and militarily they are gaining as well.(historically we have never done well militarily against China except arguably in the Boxer Rebellion where we had the assistance of most world powers)Given a clear choice,as here,I say go ‘made in the USA’. F China.
And please spare me ‘world economy’ arguments.I understand but....I draw my own lines.I stand for my own principles.I say again,F China.

MAT

Lil-Rokslider
By the time I found this I already ordered a LW assault, mainly because of the weight as I'm flying to Arizona with it. Was a bit bummed as it doesn't come with the ez hang hook, but it's very solid and weights 11.5# with everything. I think I'm going to drill a hole in the seat post to mount the batwing in a temporary place so the seat can fold back over the platform, and then use a wing nut to put it on. The seat cushion has to come off too but this makes it more compact. Overall it's a nice stand, but I would like to see an XOP.

ATX_Tyler

FNG
Haven't tried XOP, but I love my LWs, and their customer service has been outstanding for me as well. I snapped one of their stick quivers on the ATV, and one phone call had another one on its way with pretty much no questions asked.

I’ve owned both. Lone wolf is superior.

Noticeably lighter. Better finish. The “V” and teeth as significantly wider and sharper. It makes a big deal when sticking to the tree.

SoDaky

WKR
Interesting.Just saw on another forum that Lone Wolf may have changed hands???Back to Andre D and son that originated the company and own XOP??
ATA will tell I guess.

I’ve used my lone wolf climber for about 11 years and bought it used. Even left it on a tree for a month or two here and there. Very happy with it! No experience with XOP

The LW Alpha II I keep for running and gunning. Set a few XOP Vanish XTs in spots I like to sit for a bit longer and want to slip into. XOP are as quiet and possibly a bit more comfortable with regard to the seat. Hardware rusted on the early ones but i’ve Not experienced it as I apply a bit of vegetable oil to my stand hardware to keep things quiet.

I have an XOP climber. I like the stand, it's solid. Compared to a lone wolf they are similar. I think the lone wolf is a little more refined.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk