Xop vs lone wolf

HoytHntr4

WKR
I like my XOP sticks much better than my LW's. The steps are wider and curve upwards at the end of step on the XOP's, giving you better footing especially on a somewhat crooked tree. The strap button on the XOP sticks are metal and an oval shape, vs the LW's that is plastic and round. I also like the way the XOP sticks lock together with their 1/4 turn locking mechanism. The seat on an XOP flips around and sandwiches between the seat and the platform when the stand is folded, so there is no noise of the stand clanging together when carrying it on your back. I keep a Vanish stand with a set of sticks strapped to it in the back of my truck all season for a run and gun set up if I need it. It all comes down to personal preference, I don't think you could go wrong with either brand.

Skyhigh

Lil-Rokslider
I have both and prefer the XOP stand. I agree with the above comment about the quick mount bracket being more solid than the lone wolf ez-hang. Makes a big difference on how secure the stand feels. Differences otherwise have no real winner except the XOP seat is more comfy. My favorite climbing stick is the Hawk Helium. Not as light as others but is much more comfortable to go up and down on.

Dazzler

WKR
as far as climbing sticks, i like the lone wolfs. they are light, easy to pack, and i ended up putting a double step on each top to allow easier standing while hanging the next stick.

I've been mulling around the idea of getting an XOP Vanish stand and their sticks, deciding between the XOP and a Lonewolf. I don't know if I can justify the price difference when I really like the idea of the XOP quick hang bracket vs the LW hook, and the fact that the sticks lock together easier and should mate up with the XOP better.

Dmiller25

FNG
Don’t have any personal experience with XOP but I have an alpha and love it. Durability is great not to mention portability. Seat isn’t very comfy for long sits though.

NYBackcountry

Lil-Rokslider
Don’t have any personal experience with XOP but I have an alpha and love it. Durability is great not to mention portability. Seat isn’t very comfy for long sits though.

I just added a hunt comfort seat for when rut rolls around. I dont mind the original seat for early season when im on the move.

I have an xop vanish . It’s a solid stand for sure. Sometimes I have trouble getting it really tight to trees. Don’t know if lw is the same or not. I also have a older muddy aluminum (looks like the outfitter stand) with the thermometer a lot bracket that you strap on to the tree first then set the sand into. I almost prefer that stand more. It’s rock solid and weighs the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JK9897

FNG
I love my XOP. Light weight, quiet, durable, I put aftermark straps on it which work awesome. Combine that with XOP sticks and quick hang system and it is hard to beat!

ohoopee

WKR
I have used Summit and LW. Different models of each but prefer hand climber with a gel seat. The seat adds a pound but makes all the difference in comfort.

DLIP

Lil-Rokslider
I have two XOP air raids. One has a quick hang bracket.

I use these with LW climbing sticks.

I have one XOP and a few Lone Wolf stands. The XOP has a lot more flex in the platform and the casting just looks terrible. I also like the aluminum bar on the Lone Wolf better than the cast I-beam. Anyone else notice how badly the bolt that holds the cables to the I-beam flexes when you shift your weight on the platform because it only has 1 point of contact. When I first pulled my XOP out of the box both plastic versa buttons were broken and part of the stand platform near the front had a divot about half way down the thickness of the platform where the metal didn’t fuse together. XOP sent me a new platform and the metal versa buttons. They do have good customer service.

tspittmon

FNG
Although no experience with the XOP, my Lone Wolf has never let me down. Comfortable, lightweight, durable, and easy to set up.

nastynick

FNG
Can’t speak to xop. But LW has been good for me. I run and gun LW Assault with LW sticks. The sticks are great but initially took time to get used to the single step. Everyone does it a little different, so depending on the intended use of it you might choose one over another.

I don’t sit much at all so I don’t care about the seat. I do run the EZ hang, and haven’t had a problem with it at all.

My LW Assault has been durable too, up and down a tree about 30-40 times a year for 5 years and zero issues/still quiet.