Xpedition xcursion 7 reviews?

Looking for any reviews on the xpedition 7. I’m in dire need for an upgrade, currently shooting an 11’ quest hammer. 28” draw. looking for something with some zip but forgiving as well. I know those two don’t normally go together. I’ve also considered the ritual 35. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance

Tahoe1305

WKR
I have an xcursion 6hd. It’s a solid bow. Fast. My calculated IBO with weight on string and set up to shoot about 8fps slower than advertised but for the industry I’d say that’s pretty good. Shoots well. I’m guessing the 7 would be same just a bit more forgiving.
Shooting 420gr 290fps at 70lbs with 27.5 draw if I recall.

Check out their Facebook group. Pretty good following in there. Can probably get a last year model new Xcursion 7 for $450 or so on there. Great bow for the price. I paid $850 for mine with no regrets.

I will say my next bow will be vxr 28.5 but nothing against my xpedition.

Last edited:
OP
H
I saw that, I’m just torn in what to do. Not a huge following but a lot of good reviews from their Facebook page

Tahoe1305

WKR
It’s a good bow. Promise you won’t be disappointed at that price. My only beef is it’s not as quiet as a new Mathews IMO. It’s about a pound lighter and even that 7 is as fast. So it’s all trade offs.

happy to pull my 6hd out and video chat if you want to look closer at anything. Identical except for brace height.

OP
H
I just shot a new vertix at my local shop and it was incredible, this is coming from a guy who hasn’t upgraded in 10 years. So is the xpedition bows comparable to Mathews or Hoyt or are they a different animal all together?

Tahoe1305

WKR
My buddy had a vertix and shooting next to my 6HD it was quieter with less vibration. Not by a ton but noticeable.

folks on the fb page make it seem like the xpedition is quieter. That isn’t my experience.

I will say they are faster though. When I bought mine two years ago I shot about a dozen different bows. I was between the PSE evoke and the 6HD. I went with the 6 because it was from a lesser known company and that appeals to me. I got it for a few hundred less as well which helped and that included tuning.

If it was full price at $1000 vs a $1200 or so Mathews. I’d get a Mathews. But at half the cost it’s an amazing bow. Will kill whatever you need without issue, will be lighter, and faster.

OP
H
Appreciate it, he wanted $900 for the vertix which is more than I’d like to pay. Most of my time now is spent hunting with the kids so my time is limited in the stand, so I struggle to justify a $1500 set up in my situation

OR Archer

WKR
Good bows. Tune well. Accurate. Good fit and finish. My complaints are minor. One they’re a PIA to press with the preload they have on the limbs. Second the draw stops could be marked on the top cam but that’s just me being picky.

Tahoe1305

WKR
So another plus is you can adjust that 7hd at the house down real low so even if you end up “upgrading” you have a great bow for the teenagers to adjust and grow with them.