Ya Done Messed Up, A-ron!

If you would've shifted the stitch lines on the free end of your straps just half an inch, I wouldn't be sitting here in front of my wife's pink-and-purple-flower-decorated sewing machine ripping stitches and re-sewing to create loops for a strap keeper! :ROFLMAO:
4asp46.jpg

Kidding aside...if someone from Kifaru sees this post, please consider this slight modification. I'm working with an older model pack (Duplex Hunter frame w/ Timberline 2 bag), so maybe this has already been addressed.
2020-08-08_01.35.30~2.jpg

bsnedeker

WKR
I use web dominators, they work extremely well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's funny. I cut all my folded ends off and just tuck the straps if needed. (most of the time they're just flapping in the wind). Hate the folded ends and won't waste time or energy using the Velcro one wrap or keepers.

OP
Mighty Mouse
i just use the keeper they came with and have never had an issue
This pack didn't come with any keepers when I acquired it secondhand. Maybe it had some originally but they got lost somewhere along the way.

I use web dominators, they work extremely well.
Those are nice. I'd just like to have the option of using 10-25 cent pieces of Velcro One-Wrap instead of dominators at $1+ each.

I think they do that so the buckles don't slip off the strap easily.
You're probably right about that. By shifting the stitch line 1/2" and adding a 1/2" more material, they could create a loop for a strap keeper and a short tag to prevent back-feeding through the buckle.

That's funny. I cut all my folded ends off and just tuck the straps if needed. (most of the time they're just flapping in the wind). Hate the folded ends and won't waste time or energy using the Velcro one wrap or keepers.
To each his own. Cutting the folded/looped ends would still be an option for those who don't like them.