Y'all tell me if I'm overreacting or not

OP
vectordawg

vectordawg

Lil-Rokslider
I just get white polishing/buffing compound that you use on a buffing wheel. It kinda looks like and odd shaped piece of chalk. But isn't round, flat sided. You can rub it on cardboard or leather to get an incredible edge on a knife.
I do have some of that. That's a good idea! I've used it on Iron WIlls. I used emory cloth and followed up with a strip of leather coated in the compound. I don't yet know if it worked. I couldn't see any defects on it before and haven't had time to shoot since. (woke up yesterday to water coming though the ceiling in the laundryroom)

etapia

Lil-Rokslider
I'm currently going through the exact same situation. Brand new Carter wise choice that is chewing up d-loops like crazy. I just looked and there is a sharp hairline cut on the release housing itself rather than the silver jaw. I’m worried about trying to polish it myself and being unsuccessful and then Carter not willing to fix it after the fact. Let me know how your situation plays out! Goodluck!92137801-C61D-49C7-9FB3-EAE1E5925B0D.jpeg