Y’all think Ammo is bad? - EDIT: Baby Formula Shortage, Rokslide is AWESOME

ChrisAU

WKR
Mother*ckers are buying baby formula and flipping it on eBay. While new parents like me and my wife worry about where the next round of formula will come from for our 7 week old. I like to think it wont be a problem, but I keep relating it to ammo. What if I formula turns into 280AI ammo for a year or two?

4996D270-46E3-44CC-9788-DADDAC54D5AD.png

Last edited:

WKR
I had no idea that this was happening. My girls are 15 and 13, and were breastfeed as littles, so I'm completely out of the loop.

I assume breastfeeding is no longer an option?

Wet nurses may become a thing again. Weird.

Bland316

Lil-Rokslider
That's sad. I'm guessing it's hard to find where you live.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Jimbob

WKR
My Wife tried like hell to breast feed and she paid dearly. We had to do formula. Would have sucked to be wondering if it would be available. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Wife tried like hell to breast feed and she paid dearly. We had to do formula. Would have sucked to be wondering if it would be available. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
same with us. my wife got induced early and couldnt produce very much milk plus latching was a struggle. we had to supplemental feed him formula right from the start. he's a big healthy 2 year old now but i would be infuriated if i had to deal with this

Sturgeon

WKR
We bought formula for our little girls at Sam’s Club. They were almost always 25% cheaper than anywhere else. Luckily they are done with formula now.

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I know it’s not ideal but some people around me are using goats milk. I’m not a doctor and have not read any research on it so I can’t lay out pros and cons. I currently have a 4 month old and I may have to start considering this as an option. My wife pumps and with her returning to work the ounces have dropped off. Plus to top it off the freezer we stored her breast milk in decided to crap the bed on us and ruined the stock pile she had built up. But I do find it disgusting that people are out there gushing others on formula.

Definitely some heartless SOB's out there. As mentioned above if you can give specifics I'm happy to help locate what you need. One of mine had to have a specific kind & it gave me an appreciation for what you're dealing with.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Yeah the Similac Pro Advance or any generic. The hospital started her on the Similac brand but it has been unavailable online or in stores since she was born. We’ve been using generics from Wal Mart and Target but now they are gone, online and locally.

We have about 2-3 weeks worth and I’m sure some will show up. Just got pissed last night when I saw that on eBay when I was looking for some online again. Usually looking for some hard to find piece of ultimately inconsequential hunting gear when I’m scrubbing the internet for stuff, not something like this.

This wasn’t the intent of this thread, but if anyone spotted a can I’d certainly make it worth your while!

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
same with us. my wife got induced early and couldnt produce very much milk plus latching was a struggle. we had to supplemental feed him formula right from the start. he's a big healthy 2 year old now but i would be infuriated if i had to deal with this

Same here, we were about a month early and she tried but it just wasn’t happening at all.

chaser_2332

Lil-Rokslider
i had no idea this was even an issue. i just asked some friends here after seeing this and they said their wives are on the lookout all the time for friends who have kids because there is none to be found local, sad situation.

SirChooCH

Lil-Rokslider
Yup. went through a bunch of issues and my daughter and has allergies to regular formula milk protein, soy, and nuts. Can only give her that Nutrimagen hypoallergenic formula that breaks down the milk protein somehow and was double the price before this. We have been able to find the smaller cans at mom and pop grocery stores because people go in and buy the entire shelf at Walmart/Meijer/Kroger around here. Luckily weening her off so need a lot less of it currently.

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
Absolutely insane and sorry to hear about it. The formula shortage is only something I've been made aware of recently like many others. We had to use formula on all 4 of our children. My wife tried with our first to breastfeed and was able to some, however for the triplets it was pumping only and that only went so far. We went through a big container of formula in 3 days I believe when the triplets where going at it. I can laugh now about it, but we would mix formula in a gallon tea type container that had a mixer built in. The amount of money spent on formula and diapers during that time would make anyone cry.

OP I'll try to keep an eye out in my travels.