Y’all think Ammo is bad? - EDIT: Baby Formula Shortage, Rokslide is AWESOME

Heard about the shortage on the news, and out of curiosity I checked the two stores closest to my office. Walmart shelves were bare. Safeway, about a half mile from Walmart, had fully stocked shelves.

This has got to be sarcasm….
Nope. Unless you're referring to something else.

Mother*ckers are buying baby formula and flipping it on eBay. While new parents like me and my wife worry about where the next round of formula will come from for our 7 week old. I like to think it wont be a problem, but I keep relating it to ammo. What if I formula turns into 280AI ammo for a year or two?

View attachment 409323
Breast milk is available 24/7.

Nope. Unless you're referring to something else.

You seriously just posted snopes and fact-check as your sources.

Now I know it’s sarcasm. No one is that dam gullible and blind to those two as being the absolute worst sources for factual information on the planet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In case you were wondering where any extra formula is going…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read this yesterday as well. It’s pretty amazing what this president and country will do. Send 40 billion to Ukraine and pallets of formula when hard working citizens need it much more.

FLATHEAD

WKR
Breasticles been feeding babies for an eternity.
My son went straight from breast milk to pureed
real food. Same for me.
Not throwing any stones but,
how did humanity survive before formula?

fmyth

WKR
real food. Same for me.
Some women cannot breast feed at all or do not produce enough milk to sustain their baby. Before formula there were home brew recipes or wet nurses. I don't think there are many wet nurses these days. Feel free to google and let us know what you find.

Last edited:

HuntWyld

WKR
Emphamil enspire is what we’ve been using but currently can’t find anything. Thanks for your help.

FB36E279-4988-4A57-81AC-3987B4CA0722.png

Chad E

WKR
I've been following this thread from the beginning but hadn't made it to a store untill this afternoon. This is whats available locally. If any of this is what is needed please send me a message I will be happy to purchase and ship. I have two young daughters and it was a struggle with the first one to breastfeed so i understand the complexity of the issue. I feel extremely lucky we never dealt with a shortage so im happy to help if I can.

Attachments

• 20220513_145026.jpg
    20220513_145026.jpg
    322.3 KB · Views: 42
This pretty crazy.

My wife can order direct via employee login from the manufacturer website. I had her check after seeing this. Pretty much all the powdered formula is out of stock. Only the ready to drink formula is available.

Everything is starting to get pretty nuts now, in a year from now I think we will be talking about how good we had it back in 2022🤦🏻‍♂️

Super tag

WKR
I haven’t read the entire thread so not sure if this is know here, my daughter ordered some formula from somewhere in Canada and got it in 5 days, she said it seems there’s plenty available up there.

Our baby no longer needs breast milk or formula. If anyone is close to Vermont, we have a decent supply of frozen breast milk that probably won’t ship well. We are happy to donate it to the well-being of your baby.

On a political note, the thing that bothers me most is that we are not making temporary allowances to import formula from Canada and Europe. Yes, they have different health standards on their manufacturing (arguably better than ours), but none of that should matter in a life/death situation.

If you have any concern over a coming food shortage for the general population, you are now witnessing how our current government will handle it.

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
I live in SoCal and with a 5 month old. Store shelves get stocked but it runs out fast. My brother and his wife live in CO and have a 1 month old so he is still on the nipple but they are stocking up and so are we. My parents have been buying whatever they can weekly to stock up. I feel like this is warning for what’s to come but that’s my 2 cents. Costco and Sams club online has been our best option.

Gwchem

Lil-Rokslider
real food. Same for me.

How did humanity survive? Well, fewer of them did. Especially the poor ones who couldn't pay a wet nurse. And those who did were often malnourished and lived a harder life.

FLATHEAD

WKR
How did humanity survive? Well, fewer of them did. Especially the poor ones who couldn't pay a wet nurse. And those who did were often malnourished and lived a harder life.
I didnt realize we had become so dependent on formula.
I guess I was raised as a Troglodyte.