Y’all think Ammo is bad? - EDIT: Baby Formula Shortage, Rokslide is AWESOME

tony

WKR
I'm WV pretty thin population centers around me.
I don't mind looking and sending you whatever it is you need.
Just tell the brand or is it what you listed in the pics.

I remember just recently the government was going after people reselling hand sanitizer. What are they doing about this?

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Success! Pm me your address and I'll send you my PayPal. I'll pay it forward with shipping if I can get it in one flat rate box but I won't be able to get by the post office tip tomorrow to see til tomorrow

Awesome sending PM now! Thank you!

My wife had trouble breast feeding too. Her lactation consultant at the hospital had contact with moms in the area with extra supply of breast milk. We were able to get a lot of free frozen breast milk that way. Seems a little weird at first, but it was free and supposed to be better for the kid. Might be worth checking into.

You might also try signing up on similac and enfamil’s websites. It takes a few weeks, but they will send you free samples and regular $10 or $15 coupons toward purchasing their products.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Huge thanks to everyone, @Brock A & @bojangles808 have about 6 weeks worth on the way to me and I was contacted by multiple other members who actively looked today. Wife and I went to bed last night worried about what we were going to do and now there are no worries.

This has been by far my favorite place for years now for hunting tips and gear ideas, information gleaned here took my dream of western hunting and made it a reality over the last 4-5 years. Now when my daughter grows up and I tell her about the crazy times when she was born I can tell her Rokslide didnt just help dad put wild game on the table but that it helped feed her from day one!

0F2BE8E7-9C7D-429E-8CFB-5A81E7F66526.jpeg

tony

WKR
Just to add again, anyone in need I can look around my area.
Surprising, we have ammo and maybe formula(y)

ztc92

Lil-Rokslider
Like many who posted previously, I had no clue that people were buying up formula to re-sell it…that’s low by any standard. I’m so glad to see so many members jump in to help, that makes me excited to join the community here. For what it’s worth, you’re not alone, as I recently rotated through the NICU of our local hospital during my medical training and the hospital was even struggling with formula shortages. These are truly some crazy times.

Earlier in the thread I saw mention of people using goats milk as a substitute for formula or breastmilk. I would caution against this as it does not have the right blend of nutrients for infants and if it is not pasteurized it can harbor many different diseases. Specifically, goats milk has too much protein and electrolytes and not enough folic acid or vitamin D. I suspect my thoughts won’t carry much weight as a new member, so here is a link to an article from Inter-Mountain Health that covers this topic in more detail:

One final thought - To anyone facing a formula shortage, please let your healthcare provider know because they may be able to help. Many clinics stock formula for families in need or to provide samples if an infant is having digestive issues. Even those that don’t have formula on hand will have a social worker available who can help connect families to resources in the community they may not know about. Really hoping this is just a fluke related to supply chains and not something we’ll need to endure long term.

Like many who posted previously, I had no clue that people were buying up formula to re-sell it…that’s low by any standard. I’m so glad to see so many members jump in to help, that makes me excited to join the community here. For what it’s worth, you’re not alone, as I recently rotated through the NICU of our local hospital during my medical training and the hospital was even struggling with formula shortages. These are truly some crazy times.

Earlier in the thread I saw mention of people using goats milk as a substitute for formula or breastmilk. I would caution against this as it does not have the right blend of nutrients for infants and if it is not pasteurized it can harbor many different diseases. Specifically, goats milk has too much protein and electrolytes and not enough folic acid or vitamin D. I suspect my thoughts won’t carry much weight as a new member, so here is a link to an article from Inter-Mountain Health that covers this topic in more detail:

One final thought - To anyone facing a formula shortage, please let your healthcare provider know because they may be able to help. Many clinics stock formula for families in need or to provide samples if an infant is having digestive issues. Even those that don’t have formula on hand will have a social worker available who can help connect families to resources in the community they may not know about. Really hoping this is just a fluke related to supply chains and not something we’ll need to endure long term.
Welcome Doc,

I will also add people are trying to cut formula with more water than it calls for to make it last longer. This is causing big issues if done over a long period by not providing enough nutrients to the baby.

FatCampzWife

Lil-Rokslider
I know every situation is different but I'd strongly encourage your wife to breastfeed. Formula(even high end stuff) is not the same or anywhere as good as breastmilk. Totally understand that some women cannot so don't take offense, but there is a difference
I'm not even the OP, & I'm offended by your suggestion. You really think his wife hasn't tried/doesn't know this? Virtually every mother I've know WANTS to breastfeed, but it is an EXTREMELY emotional & physical act. Latching issues, physical issues, mental issues, and support issues can all impact the ability to breastfeed. If she cannot (or simply doesn't have enough milk if she does), there should be no shame, but I can bet there is more than likely a smidge (or more) of guilt felt by her.
Best intentions, I get, but not appropriate.

SWFLhntr

Lil-Rokslider
I didn’t read through the whole thread. My kids are teens But my wife checked out Costco for a friend and its slap full of formula here. I’m sure you can get it online.
Just a crazy time to be alive with all this sh*t. Good luck to all parents out there.

I'm not even the OP, & I'm offended by your suggestion. You really think his wife hasn't tried/doesn't know this? Virtually every mother I've know WANTS to breastfeed, but it is an EXTREMELY emotional & physical act. Latching issues, physical issues, mental issues, and support issues can all impact the ability to breastfeed. If she cannot (or simply doesn't have enough milk if she does), there should be no shame, but I can bet there is more than likely a smidge (or more) of guilt felt by her.
Best intentions, I get, but not appropriate.
Believe it or not.... one county over from where you live, where there are LOTS of women who don't want to breastfeed because its too much of a hassle and all kinds of other excuses, so be offended all you want. While those women don't speak for all women, its still a reason why some women don't breastfeed

I stopped by Walmart last night and checked out the supply. it was down but there was some. The thing I noticed were the signs that said you were limited to 5 per purchase.

*zap*

WKR
Hopefully those with infants are finding what they need and stocking up, this situation is not gonna get better anytime soon. Good luck folks.

In case you were wondering where any extra formula is going…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
In case you were wondering where any extra formula is going…..

WTF

Just saw it this morning. Posted by Dan Bongino on locals. That guy always brings the receipts. Sadly, this is the America we live in now. This administration said it best months back when they made it clear that we need to “lower our expectations”.

Just wanted to share because I feel for those in need right now trying to feed their children. I didn’t realize until I went to look for formula for you that it was a National issue. I thought it was only in a few states or very specific formula. Just happy someone on here was able to help. I’m just hoping it gets better because my wife and I are planning on starting this fall. We plan to breast feed but plans can always easily change in those regards for many unforeseeable reasons.

JNDEER

WKR
La Leche League International

Their Facebook also has lots of support and many many wet nurses that have an over supply of frozen milk they would gladly share to a new born. Not sure if they are in your area, but my wife friend used frozen donated milk for 18 months for her new born.

Nursing is not easy!- and many will claim latching issues. That is 100% the case and most always the cause are tongue, lip and buccal ties inhibiting a good latch.

If there are others needing formula keep this post going with what you need. Will gladly check my local stores for anyone in need.