Yellowstone Grizzly delisting proposed by USFW today.

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
I suck at linking but the proposal should be published in a few days and then a 60 day comment period. We need to all comment in favor of delisting as there will be an all out effort to stop it by the bunny fornicators.

A final decision on the proposal is due within a year. It could come sooner if state wildlife commissioners act quickly to adopt rules on how much hunting is allowed.

Hopefully someone can provide a link so that we can write comments in favor.

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not for hunting a true endangered species, as all hunters should be conservationist if they consider themselves true hunters. But, the griz are thriving in the greater Yellowstone, and Northwest MT, and are not truly endangered. Game management agencies should take over the griz management at this point as far as I am concerned.

dotman

WKR
I'm not for hunting a true endangered species, as all hunters should be conservationist if they consider themselves true hunters. But, the griz are thriving in the greater Yellowstone, and Northwest MT, and are not truly endangered. Game management agencies should take over the griz management at this point as far as I am concerned.

Oh and don't forget they are thriving in Canada and AK.

OP
Shrek

Shrek

WKR
My biggest concern is not getting mauled or killed by one of those monsters when I'm elk hunting. I think or forefathers were right to wipe them out and I hope that option comes back into favor. In the mean time limited hunting is better than nothing.

dotman

WKR
Can't you hunt them up there? Their biggest concern down here is gene flow between Yellowstone and Glacier.

Same animal, you and I don't have the same gene pool but pretty sure we are not on the ESA.

dotman

WKR
My biggest concern is not getting mauled or killed by one of those monsters when I'm elk hunting. I think or forefathers were right to wipe them out and I hope that option comes back into favor. In the mean time limited hunting is better than nothing.

I don't agree with this at all, our forefathers also almost wiped out elk. There is a healthy management that needs to happen, it would be sad if there were no grizz in the lower 48.

slick

WKR
I don't agree with this at all, our forefathers also almost wiped out elk. There is a healthy management that needs to happen, it would be sad if there were no grizz in the lower 48.
Our forefathers also almost wiped out bison, numerous duck species, shot passenger pigeons to extinction, etc. Our forefathers lived a completely different life than us. It's not apples to apples.

I believe there is numbers to sustain hunting and should bring loads of money to the state. Win win.

I don't understand this line of thinking that we cannot coexist with predators. The ecosystem as a whole is healthier with top tier predators present and not just us doing all the killing and consuming.

wyodan

WKR

Our forefathers also almost wiped out bison, numerous duck species, shot passenger pigeons to extinction, etc. Our forefathers lived a completely different life than us. It's not apples to apples.

I believe there is numbers to sustain hunting and should bring loads of money to the state. Win win.

I don't understand this line of thinking that we cannot coexist with predators. The ecosystem as a whole is healthier with top tier predators present and not just us doing all the killing and consuming.

Thank you guys for both saying this. We as sportsmen are supposed to be the great conservationists, yet some still want to wipe out species completely. All this does is fuel the argument for keeping them listed, & I think it's far past time to delist them.

I live in grizzly country, & moved here specifically for the additional wildness I get to experience from coexisting with them.

This is a perfect example of the kind of statement that galvanizes the antis against us. Griz belong on the landscape as much as elk and wolves.

jmez

WKR
It is a good start. I imagine it will take a couple of tries to actually get them delisted.

I'm glad they are there. Incredible animals that are awe inspiring to actually see. Wanting to exterminate them because of an irrational fear of something you don't understand is just ignorance. They belong in the mountains.

That's fantastic. Way past time to allow very limited tags to hunt these fabulous animals.

We need these great bears on our landscape to be here for us to enjoy and future generations to enjoy. They are as much a part of Montana as I am. I also think the wolves belong here too. They need to be managed properly like the other animals are, but they too need to be a part of the landscape.

bosox2850

FNG
That's fantastic. Way past time to allow very limited tags to hunt these fabulous animals.

We need these great bears on our landscape to be here for us to enjoy and future generations to enjoy. They are as much a part of Montana as I am. I also think the wolves belong here too. They need to be managed properly like the other animals are, but they too need to be a part of the landscape.

The proper wolves belong there! Not these giant Canadian wolves that are there now after being brought in. Timber wolves didn't cause the problems that the Canadian wolf does today.

This is a perfect example of the kind of statement that galvanizes the antis against us. Griz belong on the landscape as much as elk and wolves.
Grizz and wolves like elk also deserve to be managed by wildlife professionals instead of professional litigators.