Yellowstone White Alpha Female wolf was shot

tttoadman

WKR
Since we know nothing of the circumstances, it would be premature to draw any conclusions. It may have been a situation where a hiker felt threatened and took action. It would be reasonable for somebody to freak out and leave instead of dealing with the crazy hippie judgement. I admit she was an amazing and gorgeous animal, but the fact she lived so long illustrates why the delisting of the wolves is probably overdue.

mntnguide

WKR
Considering the region it happened in...i doubt it was an accident unfortunately... though I could care less about that wolf, instances like this give those of us that need wolf hunting legal one hell of a bad name. There are always people with the "kill em all" aspect... but that does nothing to help our current situations regarding proper wolf management

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ST52v

WKR
My bet it was some kid or someone who wants hunters to get the wrap. I would imagine the donations are rolling in right about now.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
She may very well have been shot outside Park boundaries and then made it back home inside the boundaries. Apparently she was alive when they found her, I could see that happening over someone shooting it inside the Park.

Funny, not sure how common white wolves are but season before last a buddy and I saw a white wolf not far from the park boundary. It was the day before the rifle opener and he had a wolf tag. He was all lined up ready to take the shot but passed as we both didn't want do deal with a stank ass wolf carcass that could delay actual elk hunting.

Funny, not sure how common white wolves are but season before last a buddy and I saw a white wolf not far from the park boundary. It was the day before the rifle opener and he had a wolf tag. He was all lined up ready to take the shot but passed as we both didn't want do deal with a stank ass wolf carcass that could delay actual elk hunting.

Wtf you don't have to keep it you just have to report the whereabouts to FWP. I take a picture of tag punched and laying on wolf. Then call FWP that evening or when I get out of the woods. Takes all but a few minutes.