• Under Armour

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Kuiu

Votes: 19 86.4%

• Total voters

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Kuiu is the only of the three to use an air-permeable, truly breathable fabric. It gets my vote.

B

bearguide

how does it compare to russell / do i need to get kuiu or is it that much better

The russell gear will work fine. Save your money bro! You won't be putting it on as much as you think. Now if you were in Alaska I would totally recommend the chugach gear, but if you're in the lower 48 (minus oregon coast/washington coast) you won't need that type of raingear.

OP
Brandon Pattison
The russell gear will work fine. Save your money bro! You won't be putting it on as much as you think. Now if you were in Alaska I would totally recommend the chugach gear, but if you're in the lower 48 (minus oregon coast/washington coast) you won't need that type of raingear.

I had it last year but left it in the truck and took a poncho. Bad decision. However, my buddy had Bass Pro that was lighter and looked more reliable. So I returned it. I was told they replaced it with something better. Maybe I will swing out to Gander Mtn. and eyeball and grip it.

Lawnboi

WKR
I had it last year but left it in the truck and took a poncho. Bad decision. However, my buddy had Bass Pro that was lighter and looked more reliable. So I returned it. I was told they replaced it with something better. Maybe I will swing out to Gander Mtn. and eyeball and grip it.

Russels apxg2 stuff isnt bad, it a little heavy, and has a brushed face, which means it wont breathe well when soaked, and no pitzips. It kept me dry all last year through some really hard rains though. Nowhere near kuiu as far as quality and weight go, i cannot comment on kuiu breathability yet since i just got the jacket, but from what i have read i wont be disappointed.

I dont just use my hardshell as ONLY raingear though, its part of my system, and that jacket will likly come out most of the time im glassing in cooler weather to help shed wind.