Yes, Kimber roulette is real *Update*

OP
PsRpOiGrRiAtM

PsRpOiGrRiAtM

Lil-Rokslider
My follow up:
Kimber treated me very well and got my gun back to me in 2wks with a polished chamber and test targets showing sub MOA with 2 loads. I got MOA with the next range session. No one wants to have dealings w/ customer service, but the overall experience was very pleasant and exceeded my expectations.

My follow up:
Kimber treated me very well and got my gun back to me in 2wks with a polished chamber and test targets showing sub MOA with 2 loads. I got MOA with the next range session. No one wants to have dealings w/ customer service, but the overall experience was very pleasant and exceeded my expectations.
Very similar to my story - nice!

JDJHNTR

FNG
Older thread but I did search and couldn’t find an answer? I’ve just purchased a Hunter Pro in .308 and first trip to the range it’s all over the place. What is this “Kimber 101” I see mentioned?

JDJHNTR

FNG
Its probably user error.
It’s probably not but thanks for the helpful advice!

It’s a lot of talk in several groups about the newer Hunter Pros being hit or miss on accuracy kinda like the CA Mesas and Ridgelines. I’ve seen a couple mention on these that they did the “Kimber 101” treatment on a rifle that wasn’t grouping and it now is shooting tight groups.
To your comment above…….. we had 6 rifles with us that day and two of us shooting checking zero and sighting in a new CA Ridgeline 6.5PRC and the Kimber which was also new. I own both of those two and put new scope and rings on both. Zeiss V6 on the CA and Leupold VX3 on the Kimber. Everything torqued to specs. The other 5 rifle shot as they should but the Kimber would not. We both got the same results with it. Now we did only try 2 different factory ammos with as that’s all we had. Both shot about the same.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
It’s probably not but thanks for the helpful advice!

It’s a lot of talk in several groups about the newer Hunter Pros being hit or miss on accuracy kinda like the CA Mesas and Ridgelines. I’ve seen a couple mention on these that they did the “Kimber 101” treatment on a rifle that wasn’t grouping and it now is shooting tight groups.
To your comment above…….. we had 6 rifles with us that day and two of us shooting checking zero and sighting in a new CA Ridgeline 6.5PRC and the Kimber which was also new. I own both of those two and put new scope and rings on both. Zeiss V6 on the CA and Leupold VX3 on the Kimber. Everything torqued to specs. The other 5 rifle shot as they should but the Kimber would not. We both got the same results with it. Now we did only try 2 different factory ammos with as that’s all we had. Both shot about the same.
The kimber 101 thing is like ten years old at this point, read all the positive reviews about the hunter out there. If I were a betting man, I’d say user error. I’ve had half a dozen kimbers since 2017 and not had a single issue. There used to be a guy here who loved buying “broken” kimbers off of people who couldn’t shoot them.

Also, what do you mean by “all over the place”??? Did you try torquing to action screws?

JDJHNTR

FNG
The kimber 101 thing is like ten years old at this point, read all the positive reviews about the hunter out there. If I were a betting man, I’d say user error. I’ve had half a dozen kimbers since 2017 and not had a single issue. There used to be a guy here who loved buying “broken” kimbers off of people who couldn’t shoot them.

Also, what do you mean by “all over the place”??? Did you try torquing to action screws?
There’s a crap load of positive reviews on the CA’s too! You gonna tell me theres not a problem with them either I guess! Hell yea there is and I personally know of 2 of them that wouldn’t shoot for shit! No matter what load was tried from factory to trying to reload for the dang thing. I also know of a couple and I have one of them thankfully that shoots great. It’s hit or miss with them.
Same thing with some of these Kimbers no matter what you say. Do you some research and see for yourself. What do you think this very thread you’re replying to is talking about?
By the way……. you couldn’t buy this rifle if it never shot for shit! Christmas from my wife.

schmalzy

WKR
Older thread but I did search and couldn’t find an answer? I’ve just purchased a Hunter Pro in .308 and first trip to the range it’s all over the place. What is this “Kimber 101” I see mentioned?

All over the place meaning 2” or all over the place meaning 10”?

Don’t think it applies to the hunter but mag box binding was an early montana issue.

Action screws torqued.

What kind of rings?

What ammunition?

Shooting off a bench or prone?

I’m the farthest thing from an expert here but have a had a few Kimbers and was able to get all of them to shoot reasonably well, some much better than others, by chasing the issues above down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
There’s a crap load of positive reviews on the CA’s too! You gonna tell me theres not a problem with them either I guess! Hell yea there is and I personally know of 2 of them that wouldn’t shoot for shit! No matter what load was tried from factory to trying to reload for the dang thing. I also know of a couple and I have one of them thankfully that shoots great. It’s hit or miss with them.
Same thing with some of these Kimbers no matter what you say. Do you some research and see for yourself. What do you think this very thread you’re replying to is talking about?
By the way……. you couldn’t buy this rifle if it never shot for shit! Christmas from my wife.
Ok then, you’re an excellent marksman, it’s 100% the rifle. Send it back.

JDJHNTR

FNG
All over the place meaning 2” or all over the place meaning 10”?

Don’t think it applies to the hunter but mag box binding was an early montana issue.

Action screws torqued.

What kind of rings?

What ammunition?

Shooting off a bench or prone?

I’m the farthest thing from an expert here but have a had a few Kimbers and was able to get all of them to shoot reasonably well, some much better than others, by chasing the issues above down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shooting on sand bags off concrete bench. South wind 2-5mph. Shooting dead south. Waiting 3-5 minutes between shots. Hornady Superformance 165gr and some of the older Remington PSP CL‘s I had on the shelf. Rifle shot both about 6” @ 100. This was with the muzzle brake off and the thread protector on. Rings are Talley one piece ring/base that I use on all my rifles. Everything torqued to spec.
I’ve got a spare 3-15x50 Nightforce in the safe I’m going to swap out to rule out the scope even though I don’t have the confidence in Leupold that I used to.
It was 2 of us shooting it with basically the same results.
I’ve seen a couple mention the barrel was not free floated correctly on theirs and once they relived it then it went to shooting so I’ll check that also.

Sled

WKR
I can't remember all the fixes but some have been mentioned here.

Free float bbl, check mag box clearance, action screws, mail off to a shaman and do a rain dance.

I also had issues with mine but it shoots sub moa. It just doesn't cycle well, has safety issues and a rough chamber.

JDJHNTR

FNG
I can't remember all the fixes but some have been mentioned here.

Free float bbl, check mag box clearance, action screws, mail off to a shaman and do a rain dance.

I also had issues with mine but it shoots sub moa. It just doesn't cycle well, has safety issues and a rough chamber.
Thank you for the reply! Going over everything again this weekend and trying a different scope and ammo.