Yes Mabel another headlamp

LostArra

WKR
I just got another Fenix. New "Runners" headlight.
dd40a8e688eae96ffce53e4e9e4d214e.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

OP
L

LostArra

WKR
Two easily accessible buttons: one flood ( two settings) one spot (4 settings plus SOS).
b10645035e8fbe8618bdf008b0a646e2.jpg

bpctcb

WKR
Nice! I just ordered a Fenix myself. I got the model with 4 AA. Let us know how that one works out.

BP

OP
L

LostArra

WKR
The flood settings seem to be good for tent use or climbing a treestand. Not overly bright. Spot setting have wider range of intensity and would be good for unfamiliar trail use, running or blood trailing as the light is in the warm range.

Last edited:
OP
L

LostArra

WKR
Power source is lithium polymer (supplied) or three AAA.

Front of light has four small blue LEDs that show the battery level when you turn it on ir just give a short click to the flood button.
6571ee33fc7102bbaf5bfbbd946d33d4.jpg

OP
L

LostArra

WKR
So far good battery life with trail use on spot #3. I have not used the AAA's only the battery pack which allows charging thru the unit and the pack does not need to be removed.
Weight is under 3oz
Has a lock out function so it won't come on in your pack.
This headlamp is not as intense as the Fenix HL 60 but it is MUCH lighter. I forget it's on my head on the morning dog walks. I really like the warmer light temp as things are not so washed out especially those darn morning snakes.

Mt Al

WKR
Wish Fenix would quit innovating! I love their stuff, think you just cost me some money, that's exactly what I'm looking for as a backup for the 2 AA one I've been using for years and for shorter early morning/late evening hikes.

Beendare

WKR
Fenix makes some good stuff. That one looks like a winner.

I bought a few different models in that 'Happy headlamp to me' thread I did to compare and I really like that Fenix HL30.

Their big heavy one the HL60r is probably my least favorite- bright and bulletproof- but too heavy for a headlamp.

OP
L

LostArra

WKR
Fenix makes some good stuff. That one looks like a winner.

I bought a few different models in that 'Happy headlamp to me' thread I did to compare and I really like that Fenix HL30.

Their big heavy one the HL60r is probably my least favorite- bright and bulletproof- but too heavy for a headlamp.

Same here. The HL30 is one of my favorites although this running model is growing on me. It is so light I forget I have it on when wearing a ball cap. We were heading to the store and my wife asked if I was expecting a blackout at the grocery since I still had it on and didn't realize it.

ScopeScar

FNG
I just got another Fenix. New "Runners" headlight.

My thought on these much increased lumen headlamps is that I'd be too tempted to keep it on the highest power and waste battery life. Can I stay on a trail with, I don't know, 30 lumens? -- sure, but 80 is a lot better, maybe I'd get in the habit of staying at 250 or 400 or whatever.