Yet another tikka stock question....

Moose83

Lil-Rokslider
Just wondering if anyone has extensively modified a factory tikka stock. I have a t3x battue in 30-06 that I really like except for the stock. I need more of a monte carlo style buttstock to suit my body dimensions. I currently have the comb built up with foam and shell holder, and a limbsaver butt pad modified so that it sits about 1" below the toe line of the stock. I also have the regular grip extended and built up a bit with hockey tape. My thought is to use some lightweight epoxy to make these changes more permanent but Im not sure if it'll stick to the type of plastic that tikka uses.... or if it'll bump the weight up to much. I would look more at aftermarket stocks but I'm in Canada and most are just to expensive to get here. I might still go with a wildcat and make the changes I'm wanting... but I'm getting tired of spending money on thing other than ammo to become a better shot. Anyways.... not sure if any of that ramble made sense... but fire away with ideas or pics if you have them. Thanks

OP
M

Moose83

Lil-Rokslider
Nobody has done this? Can anybody tell me how well epoxy sticks to a tikka stock and what brand they used? Thanks

Lawnboi

WKR
Thoughts.... sell the battue, get a stainless lite t3x, throw on a vertical grip and slap a kydex cheek piece on it.

That’s what I would do, don’t know your rules in Canada. I prefer aftermarket stocks on tikkas but the factory plastic is serviceable.

Does your rifle have a current T3x stock? If so you can change the grip to a vertical, and a kydex cheek piece will give you what you need for height, and is stupid easy to install.

OP
M

Moose83

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the advice.... if it were only that easy. I have a vertical grip... it's fine for target shooting but I don't lIke it much for hunting. As for the cheek riser I have no problems with getting proper alignment with my scope it's just that when I do half the butt pad is above my shoulder. As for selling the battue.... that's not going to happen... I bought it specifically for the short barrel and iron sights which suits the type of hunting I do around here. Thanks tho... I do appreciate you taking the time to answer.